Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

North American Megaliths (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2024 9:18:21 AM EDT
The ancient civilization/ megalith topics are by far one of the most fascinating for me.

Got me thinking though, where are ours?

Outside of the Central American Aztec/mayans, how come did such a beautiful continent get passed by the big rock movers of long ago?

Or did it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They were shipped to Europe.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
We have those large burial mounds shaped like snakes in Appalachia.  Im sure there are plenty others, but I think they are buried.  

Mostly, I think the ‘hidden’ things in the Americas are buried or hidden by cave systems.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
They were moved to Spain right after they were officially claimed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: feelthepayne] [#4]
The majority of ours are mounds. There's one that is a massive snake somewhere on the east coast, can't remember where.

We also have the Carolina Bays, but those are a whole nother phenomenon.

We have the flood plains out west. Perhaps ours were washed away in the event that caused those flood plains. North America has been hit with some massive natural disasters in the distant past.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Massive floods after the Younger-Dryas?

Or maybe the builders were all in or around the Mediterranean?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
After watching Hancock on Rogan, I’m not buying his theory of some “advanced” civilization any longer. So you can move some big rocks around, who cares?

When you take away the phony drama of his show when he’s the only person on the stage, he’s full of hot air. Is there evidence out there? Maybe. Should we stop looking ? Absolutely not. Is Graham a great and passionate story teller? Sure. Was Indiana Jones wannabe a socially awkward douche? Absolutely, but he’s right. There is no evidence.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Out west, they just scribbled on rocks that were already there.  Now we call them petroglyphs.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By feelthepayne:
The majority of ours are mounds. There's one that is a massive snake somewhere on the east coast, can't remember where.

We have the flood plains out west. Perhaps ours were washed away in the event that caused those flood plains. North America has been hit with some massive natural disasters in the distant past.
View Quote

The Great Serpent Mound is near Chillicothe, Ohio.

Piles of dirt weren’t washed away but super massive stone structures were…. Ok.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#10]
In North America there weren't fixed cities. The natives migrated to some extent. I guess there were some fixed villages on the east coast with long house style buildings so who knows.

Maybe one day erosion will reveal a mountain is actually a temple. If you've ever seen how fast the forrest takes something back it wouldn't be surprising at all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Smithsonian Cover-Up: Ancient Egyptians and Giants in the Grand Canyon
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:

Piles of dirt weren't washed away but super massive stone structures were . Ok.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Mississippian Adena Hopewell Cohokia. Maybe Poverty Point. Lots of mounds

End of widely constructing European Megalithic cultures proceeded the Mound Builders by at least a couple thousand years. Nice observation about the survival of earthworks.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

End of widely constructing European Megalithic cultures proceeded the Mound Builders by at least a couple thousand years. Nice observation about the survival of earthworks.

View All Quotes

I know that. But if there were any giant stone structure in the U.S. we would have found them. We’ve combed every inch of this place. Meanwhile the ones in Mexico have been sticking out of the canopy forever in an environment that sucks up stuff at a much faster rate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCYMAs4cqRU
View Quote

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Google or look up on youtube
L.A. Marzulli
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#17]
N. America had mound builders in the east, and dry stone wall builders and cliff dwellers in the west.  NA structures are all over the place if you know what to look for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Deadtired:
N. America had mound builders in the east, and dry stone wall builders and cliff dwellers in the west.  NA structures are all over the place if you know what to look for.
View Quote

And all of that stuff happened thousands of years AFTER the megalith builders got going
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
In North America there weren't fixed cities. The natives migrated to some extent. I guess there were some fixed villages on the east coast with long house style buildings so who knows.

Maybe one day erosion will reveal a mountain is actually a temple. If you've ever seen how fast the forrest takes something back it wouldn't be surprising at all.
View Quote

Lots of ancient fixed cities is the US - Chaco Canyon, Mesa Verde, Cahokia, Spiro Mounds.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
12K years ago a comet impacted a 7K’ thick glacier in what is now the Eastern edge of Hudson Bay. The resulting steam explosion blew chunks of ice hundreds of miles away, some chunks weighing 100s of tons. The impact craters from the ice chunks can still be seen today (Google Carolina Bays). The water mostly went south to the Gulf of Mexico and west to the pacific. The scouring can still be seen in many places today. This sudden inundation caused worldwide tsunamis and flooding (common worldwide flood myths). This event erased almost all traces of human structures in North America and killed off most megafauna.

This event also kicked off the younger dryas.

This is my pet theory after spending A LOT of time in this rabbit hole.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GhettoCowboy:
12K years ago a comet impacted a 7K’ thick glacier in what is now the Eastern edge of Hudson Bay. The resulting steam explosion blew chunks of ice hundreds of miles away, some chunks weighing 100s of tons. The impact craters from the ice chunks can still be seen today (Google Carolina Bays). The water mostly went south to the Gulf of Mexico and west to the pacific. The scouring can still be seen in many places today. This sudden inundation caused worldwide tsunamis and flooding (common worldwide flood myths). This event erased almost all traces of human structures in North America and killed off most megafauna.

This event also kicked off the younger dryas.

This is my pet theory after spending A LOT of time in this rabbit hole.
View Quote

That actually doesn't sound that crazy.

However, the reality is twofold.  There isn't that much history in NA.  NA's inhabitants were dumb.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Best one to visit is in Alliance, Nebraska.

Made by the primitive inhabitants roughly 13500 days ago, it is a monument still poorly understood by archeologists and prehistorians alike.  The peoples who lived there when it was built have never been fully studied, nor is it likely that the mysteries will ever be revealed.  Here in the present, we can only marvel at what may have driven these ancient plains dwellers to create such a structure.

Hypotheses include that it is an advanced calendar, or perhaps something used in fertility rites, or to mark the changing of the model years.  We may never know.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MilitaryJoe:

LOL!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MilitaryJoe:

LOL!

You don’t take a guy with an animated gold fish seriously?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By d0z3r:
The ancient civilization/ megalith topics are by far one of the most fascinating for me.

Outside of the Central American Aztec/mayans, how come did such a beautiful continent get passed by the big rock movers of long ago?

Or did it?
View Quote
Glaciers would have erased any presence of them if they were far enough north.
Any along the sea shore would have been destroyed by the rising oceans after the ice age.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:06:24 PM EDT
[#25]
They use to be everywhere but Agents from the Smithsonian dug them all up for “study” and they haven’t been seen since.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#26]

I know that. But if there were any giant stone structure in the U.S. we would have found them. We've combed every inch of this place. Meanwhile the ones in Mexico have been sticking out of the canopy forever in an environment that sucks up stuff at a much faster rate.
View All Quotes

I know that. But if there were any giant stone structure in the U.S. we would have found them. We've combed every inch of this place. Meanwhile the ones in Mexico have been sticking out of the canopy forever in an environment that sucks up stuff at a much faster rate.

Sorry brother I was expanding your  point with some cultures peeps could identify and explore. But I entirely support your analysis

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:09:38 PM EDT
[#27]
They made big piles of dirt.

Is that not impressive enough?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#28]
You have the medicine wheel and a few others.

Some places have been forgotten by the natives.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Pre-Flood Mega Quarry Discovered in Utah

Natural formations or man made?
You decide.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

View Quote

That’s not true
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:

That actually doesn't sound that crazy.

However, the reality is twofold.  There isn't that much history in NA.  NA's inhabitants were dumb.
View Quote

Also not necessarily true, they were on par as far as copper age.  Where this disconnect was idk
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

urban legend and confirmed hoax..
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:40:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Or did it?
View Quote

There is a utube channel that features some.  
Supposedly there are some in Montana.  

MEGALITHS in MONTANA? - The Story of Sage Wall
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:42:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Came here to post Town Creek Indian mound but you have it covered.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

I know of and have seen/ explored mounds and walls but I'm talking about wheres our big ass rock temples and pyramids... I feel robbed
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#36]

I know of and have seen/ explored mounds and walls but I'm talking about wheres our big ass rock temples and pyramids... I feel robbed
View All Quotes

Well I guess that comet to our dome would have done some erasing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
You have the medicine wheel and a few others.

Some places have been forgotten by the natives.
View Quote

The Medicine Wheel was/is a bunch of small rocks piled on top of each other... it was maybe 6 feet high at it's highest.  

Give me 50 people and 24 hours and I can rebuild it.

It's a cool spot though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Listen to these if you can make the time. Some pretty fascinating stuff.

You can debate how “advanced” any of the megalithic builders were but there was undeniably a knowledge of astronomy and geometry that spanned the globe.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Rockwall, Texas

Rockwall, hence it's name.

America Unearthed: Ancient Ruins Buried Beneath a Texas Town (S2, E3) | Full Episode | History
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
As far as I can tell the Americas were inhabited by people that were basically stoneage primitives before the white man came.  They had no wheel to move large blocks. No iron to make into tools like chisels and drill bits other then whatever pieces of iron they happened to find on the surface.  Extremely limited in what they could do because of that. They did have gold, but it's basically useless for them outside of ceremony or decoration.  Also no horses to pull things.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By justanotherday:
Rockwall, Texas

Rockwall, hence it's name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0W2Z-oKlnQ
View Quote

Any video that has to use a fake photo as a thumbnail to entice people to watch their video should not be taken seriously... show the thing if there is a wall.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Supposedly stone structures in one of the Great Lakes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:58:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PaladinM1911] [#43]
Up north in Beatty NV, we got this, the fuck if I know what it is, but here,

What ancient race of man put that there?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Thousands of mounds destroyed by farmers in Ohio, newark earthworks exists as well as a bunch of other mounds.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
Serpent Mound is a couple of miles from the metropolis of Locust Grove (intersection to 41 and 73), Ohio.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:25:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Sirveaux:
Best one to visit is in Alliance, Nebraska.

Made by the primitive inhabitants roughly 13500 days ago, it is a monument still poorly understood by archeologists and prehistorians alike.  The peoples who lived there when it was built have never been fully studied, nor is it likely that the mysteries will ever be revealed.  Here in the present, we can only marvel at what may have driven these ancient plains dwellers to create such a structure.

Hypotheses include that it is an advanced calendar, or perhaps something used in fertility rites, or to mark the changing of the model years.  We may never know.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/A452%2C_Carhenge%2C_Alliance%2C_Nebraska%2C_USA%2C_central_cars%2C_2016.jpg
View Quote
There are also monsters that live under the ground damn it Earl!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:27:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#47]
Some Alien teenagers stole their dads space ship for a joy ride. Their dad had some stuff for construction and the teenagers decided to put them there to fuck with us.

They also some how made a Chimera out of a beaver, duck, and shrew. So now we have a Platypus. I say part shrew because they are venomous.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Didn't NAFTA send all that stuff south ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:33:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:
Serpent Mound is a couple of miles from the metropolis of Locust Grove (intersection to 41 and 73), Ohio.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/312702/Untitled_jpg-3208955.JPG
View Quote

Know all about it. Grandfather grew up near manchester & they used to picnic there.
Great uncles tobacco farm was near blue creek.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
North American Megaliths (Page 1 of 2)
Top Top