Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/7/2024 6:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eroic]
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/judge-indefinitely-postpones-trumps-classified-documents-trial/

Holy crap.  ETA:  I don't think this trial will ever get back on track.  It's effectively over, as it should be.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The gnashing of teeth in here will be glorious

they should all go away.

witch hunts

basic flawed arguments, I know, I dont care
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
That way they can resume during the election…
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like lots of pre-trial motions and CIPA issues which weren’t going to get heard and/or resolved in the next 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#4]
FBI failed to maintain the chain of custody on the files they took from Mar go largo.
Its over.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I_hear_the_tears_falling_to_the_floor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder at what speed the Judges brakes will fail?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eolian:
FBI failed to maintain the chain of custody on the files they took from Mar go largo.
Its over.
View Quote

Whoa!  I haven't heard that, only the order of things got mucked up and the prosecutors initially told the Judge they didn't mess them up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
NT's should light a candle......... and sit on it.
It will sooth the butt hurt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
So is this how you dismiss the charges when you don't want to dismiss the charges?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL, judge is probably weighing the possibilities of him getting charged with a crime like the dumbass DA...funny what people will subject themselves to when they have TDS.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Good. One less banana in the Republic.

Doesn't change the rest.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Colt1860:
So is this how you dismiss the charges when you don't want to dismiss the charges?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Good
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#18]
I always thought  the docs were inflammatory towards democrats or maybe had the total unredacted info on kennedy assassination.

Trump held on to them for use in case he was suicided.    

So the Establishment collects said docs, and dumps the case.  

it's only a theory...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Read the indictment!!!!

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
Read the indictment!!!!

View Quote

Lol!  It's all in there!  (Except the parts where they set him up, mishandled evidence, etc. etc.)
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Eroic:

Whoa!  I haven't heard that, only the order of things got mucked up and the prosecutors initially told the Judge they didn't mess them up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Its over.

It's important to have a good chain of custody when you tamper with evidence then lie to the judge.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
FBI was shuffling documents and face sheets. No telling what they added to the files. There will never be a trial, on purpose. Feds will drag this out right up to Election Day, and then try to prosecute between then and Inauguration Day just to f..k with The Donald.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Good.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:46:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#24]
View Quote

Yes, and then quietly DoJ will withdraw the charges late Friday afternoon months from now with no further comment.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:47:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#25]

View All Quotes
Its over.

http://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/05/07/breaking-trump-classified-docs-trial-postponed-indefinitely-n4928842

The big takeaway for me was this:

"
Last month, Cannon unsealed a trove of new documents in the case that also revealed that an FBI agent had testified that the General Services Administration (GSA) was in possession of Trump's boxes in Virginia before ordering Trump's team to come get them. The same boxes that the GSA had been holding and ordered Trump's team to retrieve ended up being the boxes that contained classified markings, raising questions about whether the Biden administration had set up Trump.

"So an entire pallet full of boxes that had been held by GSA somewhere outside of DC is dumped at Mar-a-Lago," independent journalist Julie Kelly noted. "Apparently these are the boxes that ended up containing papers with 'classified markings.'"
"

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
That way they can resume during the election…
View Quote

Yep.

They needed this to get stretched out so they can kick it back off to keep him from campaigning when it’s in full speed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:51:22 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Its over.

It's even better than that...
The Classified Documents that Trump was charged with mishandling came from NARA. He did not bring them with him to Mar a Lago.
Instead, the Govt mailed them to him after holding them for a year, (part 1 of the chain of custody issues).
Then it turns out that the evidence being used to indict and charge Trump was manipulated and altered, (part 2 of the chain of custody issues).

Fruit of the Poisonous Tree doctrine would have that evidence tossed out as a remedy for the chain of custody violations.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#30]
This is so freakin' funny.  I bet Jack Smith is 3/4 of the way through his Bud Light half-rack by now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

Nothing_to_see_here
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By stevelish:
I_hear_the_tears_falling_to_the_floor.
View Quote

Joe for Pres!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Its over.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Sounds like they mixed up the documents in the boxes. But Trump just needs a chance to get re elected and on this case pardon himself.

Too bad the NY criminal case is the only one he didn't manage to duck
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Its over.
Sounds like they mixed up the documents in the boxes. But Trump just needs a chance to get re elected and on this case pardon himself.

Too bad the NY criminal case is the only one he didn't manage to duck

The one that will get overturned on appeal since there is no underlying crime to extend the statute of limitations?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#35]
good. Fuck the left, and fuck that treasonous snake Biden.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Sensible chuckle
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 9D1Alpha:
Sensible chuckle
View Quote
It is amazing what jurisdiction exposes.  In NYC where the dems run the show, never ending BS.  In FL where that control doesn't exist, the case never survives to trial.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#38]
So what's left?

GA election case
Stormy Danials trial

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

The one that will get overturned on appeal since there is no underlying crime to extend the statute of limitations?
View Quote

Might not since it's a NY case so probably no sane courts.

That said that case is goofy as hell and seems to be going poorly for the persecutors, so maybe they don't get a conviction. Assuming any juror isn't fully infested with TDS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#40]
The Stormy Daniels bullshit case ain't going so great either... sorry N_T'rs it's not your week, is it ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Sounds like lots of pre-trial motions and CIPA issues which weren’t going to get heard and/or resolved in the next 2 weeks.
View Quote

Pretending it has any legitimacy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CFletch:

http://pjmedia.com/matt-margolis/2024/05/07/breaking-trump-classified-docs-trial-postponed-indefinitely-n4928842

"
Last month, Cannon unsealed a trove of new documents in the case that also revealed that an FBI agent had testified that the General Services Administration (GSA) was in possession of Trump's boxes in Virginia before ordering Trump's team to come get them. The same boxes that the GSA had been holding and ordered Trump's team to retrieve ended up being the boxes that contained classified markings, raising questions about whether the Biden administration had set up Trump.

"So an entire pallet full of boxes that had been held by GSA somewhere outside of DC is dumped at Mar-a-Lago," independent journalist Julie Kelly noted. "Apparently these are the boxes that ended up containing papers with 'classified markings.'"
"

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CFletch:
Its over.

"

"

The plot thickens
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Am I in before FL troll?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
So what's left?

GA election case
Stormy Danials trial

View Quote

“The Court also determines that finalization of a trial date at this juncture — before resolution of the myriad and interconnected pre-trial and CIPA issues remaining and forthcoming — would be imprudent and inconsistent with the Court’s duty to fully and fairly consider the various pending pre-trial motions before the Court, critical CIPA issues, and additional pretrial and trial preparations necessary to present this case to a jury,” Cannon said in her order.

I’m not sure you could categorize this as anything but a win for Trump. But the charges weren’t dismissed, the judge just decided there was still too much pre-trial stuff to sort out in order for it to start on time. It seems like the trial won’t begin until after the election at this point, at least according to the article in the OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#48]
do we need to @ anyone ????

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#49]
I predicted the MAL case was effectively dead.   If she doesn't outright dismiss with prejudice, the case is over unless it gets moved to DC.

In addition, Judge Cannon is going to consider hearings on all the pre-trial motions, including the constitutionality of Jack Smith's appointment as special council, selective prosecution, and illegal coordination between the White House and the prosecution.

You could tell this case was effectively dead based on how the MSM all pivoted off of this case onto the NY hush money trial.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

I predicted the MAL case was effectively dead.   If she doesn't outright dismiss with prejudice, the case is over unless it gets moved to DC.

In addition, Judge Cannon is going to consider hearings on all the pre-trial motions, including the constitutionality of Jack Smith's appointment as special council, selective prosecution, and illegal coordination between the White House and the prosecution.

You could tell this case was effectively dead based on how the MSM all pivoted off of this case onto the NY hush money trial.

View Quote

Yeah, sounds right.

I wonder what kind of pressure they are tying to apply to Cannon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top