Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2024 12:28:08 PM EDT
Absolutely no way Trump is getting the electoral votes for California. Would a vote for RFK be a better move?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#1]
A symbolic move only more than likely.

I can't imagine Biden not carrying CA.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By carcrazysammy:
Absolutely no way Trump is getting the electoral votes for California. Would a vote for RFK be a better move?
View Quote

What exactly do you think that would accomplish?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AL-BOB:

View Quote

Take votes away from Biden.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If republicans were smart they’d pump a ton of money into RFKs California campaign.

RFK winning a blue state, especially a big blue one, is about Trumps only hope.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
If republicans were smart they’d pump a ton of money into RFKs California campaign.

RFK winning a blue state, especially a big blue one, is about Trumps only hope.
View Quote

Exactly. I'm encouraging everyone I know to do the same.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If he pulls enough electoral votes to keep anyone from getting to 270 it goes to congress to decide who the president will be (biden).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Your vote was assumingely always going to be a vote taken away from (not cast for) Fjb. Only logical reason for this would be if enough folks did the same...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
The OPs reasoning is that it will take away votes from Biden, and it would be over for him if loses California to RFK Jr.

Now, saying all that. I don't think there is any way Biden will lose California.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By McGuy:
If he pulls enough electoral votes to keep anyone from getting to 270 it goes to congress to decide who the president will be (biden).
View Quote

Sort of…

The president is picked by the house with each state getting one vote. 26 votes are required to win, which Trump is more likely to pull off than Biden.

The VP is picked by the senate, with 51 votes needed. Which means Kamala would likely win in that venue.

A Trump/Kamala administration would be lit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Foolish to think that if the decision goes to the house that the majority of states will vote for biden
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#11]

View All Quotes

It's not taking votes away from him if you weren't going to vote for him to begin with.
I understand what you're saying, but it would be smarter to try to dilute Biden voters by pushing RFK onto them. A handful of trump voters breaking for RFK is not going to result in an RFK win.

Originally Posted By Blackbeard28:

Now, saying all that. I don't think there is any way Biden will lose California.

RFK would have to shark A LOT of votes from him for it to happen. I'll never say never, but it's highly unlikely.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I think RFKJR is done.

MSM is reporting a worm has eaten part of his  brain.

The good news is the worm is now dead.

I'm not making it up.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
It's inconceivable to me that anything in the real world could prevent JB from getting California's electoral votes.  There is no possible way that enough votes could be diverted to RFK Jr or any other idiot third-party candidate.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#14]
0.1% chance liberals vote for RFK. I don't understand, when one looks at his stances, how anyone would think that a democrat would pull the lever for him. He has WAY too many dealbreakers for liberals.

As far as CA, do whatever you would feel best about. Biden will carry it no matter what, so if you want to do a protest vote do it. That's my plan, though not for RFK.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Wasn't California like 2/3 Bidet, 1/3 Trump in 2020?

Your energy would be much better spent trying to close that gap than to throw a vote away on RFK.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Sort of…

The president is picked by the house with each state getting one vote. 26 votes are required to win, which Trump is more likely to pull off than Biden.

The VP is picked by the senate, with 51 votes needed. Which means Kamala would likely win in that venue.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By McGuy:

Sort of…

Ah, didn't know that it was one vote per state, was thinking it was standard house vote with N_T GOPers throwing it to biden.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
If the goal is to elect Trump:
Those in battleground and Red states should vote Trump.
Those in blue states should vote RFK Jr.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Sort of…

View Quote

Yep.  I had to look that up.  
I had previously believed all 435 members of the House got a vote.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Except for being against big pharma, he is as liberal as newsom.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I suppose it accomplishes the same as a vote for Trump - one vote not going to Biden in a state where Biden is sure to win anyway.  But it may send a message.  The Democrats will automatically disregard any Trump vote as coming from a mere wretched 'MAGAt' or 'Trumper'.  But they will see a vote for RFK as being a Democrat who they have somehow 'lost', and that will mean more to them than the millions of evil racist homophobic xenophobic irredeemable deplorables who are evil and deplorable enough to vote for Trump.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:40:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#21]
Originally Posted By Meadowmuffin:
Except for being against big pharma, he is as liberal as newsom.
View Quote

Old school liberal maybe, but he's absolutely nothing like Newscum. If you read his positions, he's much more in line with what what a conservative wants than a liberal. I made a list once and nobody wants to confront that truth.
Here's a few bullets that are liberal deal breakers:

Kennedy said if he were president, he would  "allow parents to make of their minds about whether they want to use vaccines for their children."

"UN peacekeepers will guarantee peace to the Russian-speaking eastern regions," Kennedy said on his campaign website. "We will put an end to this war."

After speaking with officers patrolling the border, however, he said physical barriers are necessary in some areas with high-density populations and advocated doing more to keep migrants and U.S. citizens safe from cartels.

Kennedy called the events of the Jan.6, 2021 a "protest that turned into a riot"

Kennedy is opposed to transgender athletes competing in sports outside of the sex they were assigned at birth.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By GGF:
I think RFKJR is done.

MSM is reporting a worm has eaten part of his  brain.

The good news is the worm is now dead.

I'm not making it up.

View Quote

Being brainless doesn't disqualify him from being a president.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Even if it makes the DNC spend money to fight off the illusion of rising interest in RFK jr it’s a good thing.

Kind of like buying a lottery ticket, I know I won’t win but I enjoy living a fantasy for a bit. Can RFK jr beat Biden in a primary run? I doubt it but what if he mounts a credible threat? Yes that would be great.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Sort of…

View Quote

Epic
Top Top