BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:02:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Should rename it the Karen Nextdoor App
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
In my area it’s mostly people just advertising their small business, scammers begging for money, or shit like “to the blue Audi on Main Street that cut me off..” type crap
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Owls/hawks/eagle work too depending on your AOR.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jkirkon:
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Every time someone posted a missing cat, I follow up with a coyote sighting. That's usually good for some housewife hand wringing.

I do this all the time!

Hell yeah
Tons of missing animals in my area, it's 40% missing animals, 40% people advertising their small roofing/house cleaning company
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#4]
most of the outspoken members are paid liberals, lawyers, political consultants, college professors, etc   trolling in order to get conservatives banned in order to win elections
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Around me it's turned into a begging platform for poor, single mothers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By coldair:
most of the outspoken members are paid liberals, lawyers, political consultants, college professors, etc   trolling in order to get conservatives banned in order to win elections
View Quote

We have a lot of that on mine (inside the DC beltway).  

It's also interesting to see the legitimate pushback they get from regular people.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By macphisto:
View Quote

lol I do remember seeing a huge uptick in posts like that (prior to being banned.)

Truly dumb shit like "single mom here, new to the area. I rented an apartment and have zero furniture or anything for the kids..."
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I was banned from nextdoor in something like 37 minutes.  Jokes on them! I pay for a vpn with hundreds of possible ip's to switch to. mwahaha
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nophun:
Sounds like a target-rich trolling environment. Entertain yourself.
View Quote

I did. It was great. But it gets boring.
Nextdoor is where Karen's go to ideologically graze.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Every time someone posted a missing cat, I follow up with a coyote sighting. That's usually good for some housewife hand wringing.
View Quote

We've had coyote's in my neighborhood for about 10 years now.  

My very first post on ND was in response to a coyote sighting.  

The poster was panicked because they were getting too bold and she was worried for her cats.   She kept reporting a black and white coyote that snuck into a local backyard.  After a few weeks she took a picture as proof.

It was my long haired husky, sleeping in the sun on an autumn afternoon.

I kindly asked her to not report my dog to wildlife control, and expressed gratitude that she was not inclined to shoot yotes on sight.

It went downhill from there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:
I just downloaded it because I was curious what my neighbors are like. I honestly don't know any of them.

I can't even see an option to make an account. Only log in. On top of that, it says you need to use your actual name and verify it's you with public records

Sounds like a great way for people like us to get red flagged.
View Quote

That is were I quit...not sure if there was a way around it....didn't look hard either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:

Yes this.  Wanting someone to pull weeds in my yard by hand for 4 hours, willing to pay $20
View Quote

You couldn't pay me $20 to watch them do it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't participate. Have no neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LineOfDeparture] [#14]
I regularly run with a plate carrier and a ruck around my neighborhood. Had some shrill terrified karen post a thread on there a few years back about how that can't be legal to do. Bunch of other "concerned" people not even in my fucking neighborhood got the vapors about it. Leftist whining about "far right people playing soldier". I popped in there to let them know that they should all try a little physical exertion outside once in a while to keep the heart disease at bay if they were going to get this worked up about my running routines.  I got banned. Fuck all those people. lol.

The world is full of superfluous retards. Most of them are on nextdoor.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:51:13 PM EDT
[#15]
It's a place to read, not write.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
I regularly run with a plate carrier and a ruck around my neighborhood. Had some shrill terrified karen post a thread on there a few years back about how that can't be legal to do. Bunch of other "concerned" people not even in my fucking neighborhood got the vapors about it. Leftist whining about "far right people playing soldier". I popped in there to let them know that they should all try a little physical exertion outside once in a while to keep the heart disease at bay if they were going to get this worked up about my running routines.  I got banned. Fuck all those people. lol.

View Quote
I have one neighbor that rucks most nights in full kit, carrying a rifle and sidearm. His wife had to go on the Facebook neighborhood group and explain he was Army reserve and this was part of his pt routine and ask that people not call the police on him. Half of this development is made up of renters from CA. I am may be from CA, but that is about all I have in common with the other CA asshats.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I was briefly on it years ago.  A week or two of screeching Karens and shady hucksters spamming the site was enough for me.  Total dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Most people are on prescription medication, dope, or alcohol.  They swallowed the palatable blue pill so yea, they're that easily triggered.

View Quote

this.

Offended by anything.

Esp what other people do on their own PRIVATE property.

Like a SUPER trigger.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By VacaDuck:
I have one neighbor that rucks most nights in full kit, carrying a rifle and sidearm. His wife had to go on the Facebook neighborhood group and explain he was Army reserve and this was part of his pt routine and ask that people not call the police on him. Half of this development is made up of renters from CA. I am may be from CA, but that is about all I have in common with the other CA asshats.
View Quote

I've only had one of our local police pull up and just ask what I was doing. Just told him I was PT'ing and he was fucking up my time. He chuckled and told me to get some. All the local cops just wave to me when I'm running around now. Based on the number of times I see them when I run, I can only assume that they still get the occasional liberal suburban white woman calling in about me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
When I lived down in NPHX, this one lady raised hell because she caught someone on camera bumping into her trash can. Then Gladys chimes in with she will ask her “retired police officer husband” if it was a crime. The retired cop was a reserve for a year in 1978 and was really a retired teacher. Hilarity ensued. Buncha Karen’s harping and howling. Wish I would’ve screenshot all the responses. Gladys loved telling everyone he husband was an ex cop and then everyone turned on her.
View Quote

Badge bunny GILF
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

View Quote

We had a lady post a picture of a "Suspicious White Van" parked across the street from the school. About 12-15 Karens telling her to get the license plate and report it to the police and school. Then halfway down, another lady responds that she's the one parked in the white van... picking her kids up from school lol.

It was a white Toyota Sienna.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#23]

YES!

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

OnlyNextDoor?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:49:18 AM EDT
[#25]
I unsubscribed within a week.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't next door, but based on what my wife shares, yes, yes they are.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

make a list for your cul de sac harem.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:
NextDoor outs Reddit to shame when it comes to a leftist think tank. I got banned a few years ago.
View Quote

Very true, I got booted off when Trump was President and the neighborhood liberals were trashing him. I spoke in favor of him and got reported by around 12 people. After about 6 months they send me an email saying I could now come back, I told all of them to kiss my ass.  Permanent ban. LOL
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#29]
The last time I posted on Next Door, I got a time out.  I had posted a link to the CDC study that found that masks do fuck-all to prevent the transmission of Covid viruses.

I still read it for the lulz sometimes, but I never post anymore.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:11:51 AM EDT
[#30]

My fur baby is lost..did anyone see it?

Is that a gun shooting?  City cops gun range is couple miles away. When swat shoots at night…..they use so much electricity posting about it…my power goes out.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#31]
My brother will go outside and rip off a few mags then jump on Next door and watch the carnage. He'll chime in and say it sounded like it was torward some other asshole's house.

Sometimes he's bored.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:20:02 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Where I live on a river  my buddy posts about eagles flying with cats in their talons.
We have alot of kayak and canoeing here so the citioits from Illinois are on it.
While we do have some resident Bald Eagles,  the majority are Osprey.
The retards think that they are juvenile Balds.. and when you explain it they go ballistic.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#33]
I only lurk Nextdoor.  Once you get past all the ads, you realize 87% of the posters are weak and emotionally fragile.  If it's a representative sample, we are doomed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:26:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By burkeva:
When i was living in VA i posted a grainy picture of a cat being carried off by a coyote on the Nextdoor app and captioned it as “OMG this just happened on Cameron street.  Is this anyone's cat”? The responses were awesome.
View Quote

I got threatened by a Karen over telling them that coyotes would stalk and attack humans in certain circumstances and to be careful......
Karen the wildlife expert proceeded to tell me I knew nothing about them and that banging pots and pans would scare them off.......and told me she would have me banned for posting fake news.......
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By peanutman:

My fur baby is lost..did anyone see it?

Is that a gun shooting?  City cops gun range is couple miles away. When swat shoots at night ..they use so much electricity posting about it my power goes out.

View Quote
The gun shooting is great. MY HUSBAND WAS IN THE NAVAL RESERVES FROM 1977-1979 DURING THE COLD WAR SO HE KNOWS WHAT A GUN SOUNDS LIKE AS A DISTINGUSHED VETERAN AND THAT WAS DEFINITELY A GUN!!!!!! THANK ME FOR HIS SERVICE!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:06:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Nextdoor is the easiest forum to get banned from its not even fun its so easy
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Nextdoor even has a built in feature that will warn u if you use potentially hateful words when making a post. I called someone an idiot the other day and it let me post it but it was only a short time before someone else posted about saying it wasn't nice. If the SHTF my neighbors will be singing koom-bai-la and them knocking on my door asking me for protection.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#39]
I signed up when I moved to a new town, so I could get recommendations on local businesses, as I didn’t know any.  And also just to see what was going on around me.

90% is junk, with the occasional useful post.  It is also very heavily loaded with ads, and I can’t get it to just limit itself to my immediate area.  I am always seeing posts from people several miles away, and I can’t figure out how to stop them.

90% of posts are:

Whose pet is this?
I lost my pet.
I saw a coyote/snake/etc.!
What was that noise?
What were the cops doing on Whatever Road last night?
Will someone give me money?
Slow down!
Turn down your loud music!

Overall, I rate it a C-.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#40]
We don't have next door apps we just have a dirt road and neighbors that wave and randomly drop things off to each other like vegetables, honey, maple syrup and fresh cut flowers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#41]
"Slightest". As in, you are slighting them with your name calling and then you have the exectation of a nice conversation after that. You are delusional OP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Because it's mostly women on there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#43]
My dog , that barks all night and all day long. Is triggered by fireworks. So don't pop fireworks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:59:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
Because it's mostly women on there.
View Quote

Mostly bored women.

Add the years that the company has been working to ban anyone with a different opinion, and it has created this perfect example of what liberals want our nation to look like.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By peanutman:
My dog , that barks all night and all day long. Is triggered by fireworks. So don't pop fireworks.
View Quote
We now have a legitimate comeback for that.

"Don't worry, my cousin Kristi Noem will be in town."
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:08:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#46]
Most the commets I see are either Karens or hall monitors complaining about healthy sounding hot rods or sportbikes.  "Is that necessary" or "that should be illegal" are the typical comments. Also, around the 4th the same  fucktards making comments about fireworks and their dogs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#47]
In my AO it is mostly a bunch of whiney old Karens who bitch about anything and everything.  There is some rural land close by my neighborhood where a friend of mine has a duck impoundment and a private range and every time he shoots over there (even though it has been explained to them time and time again that it's legal and safe) they go off asking who is shooting and how dangerous it is.

It's like its the most insufferable group of people that could possibly be assembled.  

Occasionally some old person will post something random about their life or something interesting they have come across, like people care.  It's like some people think it's their personal facebook page.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Put up big TRUMP 2024 signs?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jd2395:
This has your answer

https://about.nextdoor.com/board-of-directors/
View Quote

Marissa Mayer - haven't heard that bitch's name in a while.

Why are Indians (Dots not feather) so Leftwing? Is it because they have a caste system over there and are trying to recreate that here with them at top again?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By nophun:
Sounds like a target-rich trolling environment. Entertain yourself.
View Quote

They will kick you off quicker’n shit.

I followed ND and the FB neighborhood groups to try and keep up with any crime or important goings on, too many posts were just silly shit by bored people who want to be heard.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top