Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:44 PM EDT
Wow, Law Arming Teachers Causes Kids Used As Pawns To Storm Capital

We went from allowing kids to bring their hunting rifles to school and teaching gun safety in school to these brain dead fucking morons.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Kids and young adults have always been idiots that will believe and do whatever they are told.

Don't lose sight of what matters. This law is actually a very good thing. That's why the commies and their useful idiots are so mad.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The communists don’t call them useful idiots for nuthin
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arty8] [#3]
They look like insurrectionists to me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Idiots.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Disgusting
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:04:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
"We will vote you out if you don't listen."

NO, YOU WON'T!!!

You're not old enough to vote and beside that Tennessee is still at least two thirds republican. Even if all of them could vote and did, they would still have no effect.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A3zBe1zWRg

We went from allowing kids to bring their hunting rifles to school and teaching gun safety in school to these brain dead fucking morons.
View Quote

Blame cultural Marxism, conservative cowardice and shitlivs inabilities to speak out against their own crazies.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Mostly ugly old women, future ugly old women
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#10]
How can you trust teachers with your children if you can't trust them with a gun?

Good law! Most shootings occur in gun free zones so banning guns from schools doesn't work.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
This is what happens when people collectively decide to hand off their young to be educated by someone else because we're too busy making money

There's nothing wrong with free enterprise, but we've failed to prioritize what matters most and now our children have been brainwashed while we chased luxury goods
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Harpy old hags will use their kids as pawns. Nothing new.

Also, armed teachers means more government workers are armed. Just what we needed.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By markmars:
How can you trust teachers with your children if you can't trust them with a gun?

Good law! Most shootings occur in gun free zones so banning guns from schools doesn't work.
View Quote
Their same argument could be cops instead of teachers. What if a Resource officer loses their shit?

Its a stupid argument and pure crocodile tears on their part.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: McGuy] [#14]
From where I sit it looks like leftists are concentrating their attacks on TN.  No way that's all organic.

eta- Expect a big push for vote-by-mail soon. That will ensure their takeover.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:36:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 917-30] [#15]
Originally Posted By McGuy:
From where I sit it looks like leftists are concentrating their attacks on TN.  No way that's all organic.

View Quote

That will not happen here: republican governor with a republican supermajority in both the house and senate.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:48:53 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
I think you are correct on the former.

It is because leftists have invaded nashville, and they have nothing else to do than show up at the capitol, like they have a group text or something.

Look for my thread on finding a thousand of them linking arms there.

Fortunately, nashville and memphis don't speak for the state. They had enough horsepower to call an extraordinary session of the legislature... that went promptly nowhere.

People can have their gunS in their cars at schools pretty much.
Employees of state secondary schools can essentially carry at work.
Employees of private schools can if their management decide they can.

This was just the next logical step.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
This law will curb stomp the loony toon mentally ill from shooting up schools in Tn.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Arty8:
View Quote

This.

Rule #4.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#19]
This is why children and young people should not vote.

My grandson would be there with a sign that says " MORE GUNS = LESS CRIME"
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That's going to be one hell of a row for them to hoe, as current TN election law makes
it very time-consuming to vote via absentee ballot.

You have to remember.... There was the Battle of Athens many years ago that was the
turning point in this state as regards voting corruption. That sh*t don't play in this state,
and hopefully will not for many decades to come.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:32:33 AM EDT
[#21]
I still think arming teachers (who are mostly left leaning and worse) is fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't think for a moment that they can't or won't get their way.
This kind of stupidity is why Floridians got a ban on bump stocks, binary triggers, and simple hand crank trigger devices.
As well as a three day waiting period on long gun purchases thrown in for good measure.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DMFOTNM:
I still think arming teachers (who are mostly left leaning and worse) is fucking stupid.
View Quote

The left wing teachers won't bother to volunteer, get the required training etc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
Harpy old hags will use their kids as pawns. Nothing new.

Also, armed teachers means more government workers are armed. Just what we needed.

View Quote
It will give us something else to bitch about when the Department of Education orders a few million rounds of 9mm screwing up the supply chain and driving up prices.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Arty8:
View Quote

I thought the same thing.

I'm sure the FBI is reviewing the video and tracking them all down as we speak. Threat to democracy and all...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:40:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gearjammer351] [#26]
Originally Posted By DMFOTNM:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Brainwash them early so they will march in step later comrade
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#28]
There are so many reasons that allowing teachers to carry in schools is a bad idea I don’t even know where to begin.

Because some kids are animals
Because some teachers are unstable
Because the bar for qualification will be set too low
Because disparity of force is a thing
Because hormones
Because Dunning-Kruger, especially amongst small females who have little dog syndrome, is a thing.

There is a place for guns in school, 100%.  But I personally don’t believe it should be with educators.

We spend a bajillion dollars in this country on everything from funding wars to funding an army of IRS agents.  We COULD put dedicated armed security agents in schools that are all but invisible to the institution.  A silent shield as it were, against violence from outside or in.  But they shouldn’t be intervening in playground brawls, altercations between students and teschers, etc.  They should be a specialized hammer that makes mass violence an unthinkably painful thing to do.  

Someone who shouldn’t end up shot or dead will end up shot or dead if teachers carry guns in classrooms.  It’ll just be a matter of time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
There are so many reasons that allowing teachers to carry in schools is a bad idea I don’t even know where to begin.

Because hormones
Because Dunning-Kruger, especially amongst small females who have little dog syndrome, is a thing.

There is a place for guns in school, 100%.  But I personally don’t believe it should be with educators.

We spend a bajillion dollars in this country on everything from funding wars to funding an army of IRS agents.  We COULD put dedicated armed security agents in schools that are all but invisible to the institution.  A silent shield as it were, against violence from outside or in.  But they shouldn’t be intervening in playground brawls, altercations between students and teschers, etc.  They should be a specialized hammer that makes mass violence an unthinkably painful thing to do.  

Someone who shouldn’t end up shot or dead will end up shot or dead if teachers carry guns in classrooms.  It’ll just be a matter of time.
View Quote

Why is allowing teachers the option to conceal carry at school any different than anywhere else?

It's largely a self selection and correcting process. Also a major deterrent for the coward shooters. I would be willing to bet that less than 10% actually carry. And 99.99% of them are the ones you want carrying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Call me a minority, yes 2A for all, but many of my teachers were frothing lunatics and flaming idiots, and I would just as soon they were not armed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:38:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gearjammer351] [#31]

Because hormones

View Quote

I'm a teacher and a carrier. I've had military training, cop training, and competition training. I've maintained my cool and taken care of business while being shot at.

I've been carrying for more than two decades without incident. I carry my gun when I'm grocery shopping in the same store with your kids, in the same mall with your kids, at the same parks where your kids play. Why would I suddenly become a flaky, trigger-happy fool if I also carried at work?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys realize none of these programs are going to force a teacher to carry?
It's not like the crazy blue hairs are going to get deputized and issued a Glock.
People will self select.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

I'm a teacher and a carrier. I've had military training, cop training, and competition training. I've maintained my cool and taken care of business while being shot at.

I've been carrying for more than two decades without incident. I carry my gun when I'm grocery shopping in the same store with your kids, in the same mall with your kids, at the same parks where your kids play. Why would I suddenly become a flaky, trigger-happy fool if I also carried at work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Because hormones

He doesn’t have a response because he’s irrational and emotional on the subject, as are most leftists b
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#34]
What exactly does this law do? From the replies here, seems like it says teachers can carry at work? If so, good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Shadowgrouse:
You guys realize none of these programs are going to force a teacher to carry?
It's not like the crazy blue hairs are going to get deputized and issued a Glock.
People will self select.
View Quote

Plus the local boards get to decide anyway, so the metro areas likely won't be participating.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:47:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Missilegeek] [#36]
Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger:
Call me a minority, yes 2A for all, but many of my teachers were frothing lunatics and flaming idiots, and I would just as soon they were not armed.
View Quote

Ew brother ew what's that brother meme
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Another example of the educated idiots being produced by the public school system.   The NEA has done a great job indoctrinating our kids with fear, self loathing, and liberal ideology.   No wonder why our country is in such pathetic shape.  In addition to arming teachers, most public school board members need to be replaced and funding redirected to charter schools.  Otherwise we are doomed by the growing army of useful idiots.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:03:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: arowneragain] [#38]

View Quote

n=1

He isn't saying every teacher/carrier will be a liability. He's saying some number >0 will be. The result will be some number >0 for negative incidents related to this.

He's right, retarded accusations of him being a liberal notwithstanding.

ETA: And I'm not opposed to it, personally. I'm just recognizing that there will be a cost - negative externalities if you will - that shouldn't be discounted.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#39]

n=1

He isn't saying every teacher/carrier will be a liability. He's saying some number >0 will be. The result will be some number >0 for negative incidents related to this.

ETA: And I'm not opposed to it, personally. I'm just recognizing that there will be a cost - negative externalities if you will - that shouldn't be discounted.
View All Quotes

n=1

Yeah... What's the crime rate for CCW permit holders?

How many of the school shooters had a CCW?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#40]

n=1

View Quote

Then every gun-carrier is a potential liability. Apparently not all of them care about the kids, anyway.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
What exactly does this law do? From the replies here, seems like it says teachers can carry at work? If so, good.
View Quote

Teachers who take an annual 40 hours of training, pass a psychological evaluation, and are approved by the principal, superintendent, and the local police chief can concealed carry at school.

So, basically you have to jump through a bunch of flaming hoops to exercise your Second Amendment right at school, but at least it's still better than being a sitting duck in a gun free zone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:19:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck them!  Ever notice how you can tell most Dems just by looking at them?  Don't like it, move to a commie state of your choice, there plenty of them now!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

There are big pushes in the cities in Tenn right now. Not just gun laws. I would guess that if the libs figure they can change a state like Tenn, they have very good chances anywhere else.

That moron Gloria Johnson here in Knoxville is going for a Senate seat. She thinks because she has wowed the city Dems here in Knoxville, she is the hot shit anywhere she goes.
I'm glad I live out in the county. The city is a edging towards blue, but still pretty solid red for now.
Nashville and Memphis are a lost cause. Memphis, well the reason is obvious.  Nashville because of the dem west coasters and dem New Englanders.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

View Quote

Then every gun-carrier is a potential liability. Apparently not all of them care about the kids, anyway.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252069/uvalde-shooting-police-1240883244_jpeg-3201540.JPG

View Quote

View Quote

He made a valid point. You guys responded as if your sacred cows had been gored - because a) they had, and b) you want to discount his point, exactly as I pointed out.

Again, I'm *FOR* this. But I'm also not ignorant enough to think it won't result in some negative consequence at some future point.

A wise person would look at the morass of public schools and take their children out altogether. But wisdom usually gets kicked in the teeth by partisanship here in GD. You want so badly to beat the left that you'll happily do things to grow the power of government in the process. And government, as usual, doesn't care which side wins, it only cares that it gets fed.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#45]
The competency crisis grows.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Same happy-horseshit response here in Ohio.

Young people today: BRAIN DEAD.

Kent State University where the NG shot the students in 1970 invited KYLE RITTENHOUSE to speak in the student union center.

KSU students started raising hell and were "upset" by words...wtf?

Story
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#47]

He made a valid point. You guys responded as if your sacred cows had been gored - because a) they had, and b) you want to discount his point, exactly as I pointed out.

Again, I'm *FOR* this. But I'm also not ignorant enough to think it won't result in some negative consequence at some future point.

A wise person would look at the morass of public schools and take their children out altogether. But wisdom usually gets kicked in the teeth by partisanship here in GD. You want so badly to beat the left that you'll happily do things to grow the power of government in the process. And government, as usual, doesn't care which side wins, it only cares that it gets fed.

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252069/uvalde-shooting-police-1240883244_jpeg-3201540.JPG

So the gist of the argument, that you say that you don't agree with, is that if it costs one life it's a bad idea?

I'm going to maintain that the Constitution protects a teachers right to self defense. It also has the benefit of helping to protect schools in general and ending the gun free zone bullshit.

People that are scared of the 2A, freedom, and teachers carrying are free to move to NYC, Canada or France... Or any one of a million communist controlled places. This type of thing is WAY overdue in free America. The only problem with it, is there are still too many restrictions and hoops.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

What sacred cow? I carry everywhere else, and I'd like to be able to protect myself and my students while I'm working. As for the *remote* possibility that a legally-carrying teacher is going to be a problem, it will never be on the scale that the school-shooters have been. And the antis make as much hay as possible with that to restrict ALL our gun rights (think of the children!). My "sacred cow" in this issue is the safety of me and my students.

What partisanship? I'm not taking the side I am because of a political party. I'm a libertarian, anyway, so my cause is freedom, not R.

Sadly, I can't afford to take my kid out. I know as much as anyone why someone would want to, though.

How in the holy duck is allowing me (a long time, responsible, legal concealed-carrier) to carry at my job "growing the power of government"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Haha "missilegeek," so yours truly is a FUDD?  I'll match my 2A credentials against yours any day.  I just know my teachers.  A lot were fruitcakes and leftists.  I am sure that 40 years later this has only gotten worse.  And I didn't say they should be banned from carrying.  Just that I would rather that certain of them didn't.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The bar should be closer to your skills and background than I’m sure it will be.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top