Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Locked I just give up (Page 1 of 4)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/7/2024 8:10:27 PM EDT
I'm so worn out from shit. I always fuck up my social situations no matter how hard I try. Typical three year cycle, its about time. Nothing to look forward to, no future. Cant trust people, they'll always leave. This place is torture, I fucking want out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hang in there, OP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you drink brother?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Comn man don't talk like that.
Find some things you love by yourself and just do those things. You don't need validation from others.

Take a break from people and stay the course.
Find some activities that are solo and slowly work your way back into things.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Feels bad now but it will get better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurtlesAlltheWayDown] [#6]
Detach, assess what’s wrong, make a plan to fix, follow through with the plan.  

Consider how much screen time you have in your life.  How often you exercise.  Where you’re meeting people.

It’ll get better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Me too.

I’m not good at anything involving people.  

Not good with many animals either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't offer any advice other than don't do anything drastic.   On a  personal front I  found life got easier when I forgot women existed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Get a gym membership. Move forward.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
This isn't the first time you've reached out for help.

It's OK to be sad and lonely.  To be frustrated etc.

All of us go through it.

But you can't fucking park your boat there and live.

Either come clean and tell us what's going on and be prepared to get some truth bombs,  or reach out to someone and ask for help.

You're not alone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Get outside
Get some exercise
Listen to some good music
Meditate
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:20:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#12]
You need to talk to someone.  Check mental health lines or suicide lines.    I have a batch of meatballs and spaghetti sauce cooking.  I need to take the dog outside.  

There are many good things around you.  Get help if needed to cope with anything bad and as noted, stuff may suck now but it can get better if you work at it.

I am about to accept that I will never date Jennifer Aniston or get a Toyota Sequoia.    That sucks but I will move on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Have you tried mushrooms and hookers?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#14]
adopt a dog
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JamiesGotAGun:
This isn't the first time you've reached out for help.

It's OK to be sad and lonely.  To be frustrated etc.

All of us go through it.

But you can't fucking park your boat there and live.

Either come clean and tell us what's going on and be prepared to get some truth bombs,  or reach out to someone and ask for help.

You're not alone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#17]
OP, take a deep breath and relax.  Contact one of your friends and talk with them.  Things will get better, it often happens when you least expect it.  Don't work so hard to make a relationship work.  Take a break, take a walk.  Visit the local church of your choice.  Do you have any hobbies?  Spend some time doing what you enjoy.  Just don't stress about things, it doesn't ever make anything better.

Take stock of your health.  Start exercising regularly. Talk to your friends and family. Learn something new that will get you outside and away from computers.  Take up fly fishing, or bass fishing, bird watching, hiking or simply walk some every day.

For a very long time I have used the philosophy of looking for the positive in everything.  It really does help.  The way I look at life is every day is a good day, some days are even better.  My signature line helps me keep things in perspective.

I will pray for your peace.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
I can't offer any advice other than don't do anything drastic.   On a  personal front I  found life got easier when I forgot women existed.
View Quote

walterwhiteyouregoddamnright.jpeg
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I went through that. Got into hunting, made some new friends, got sober and nicotine free, and life is good. I can't believe how different life is with nothing but a caffeine addiction. If you're self medicating get out there and start taking care of yourself, you'll hit a stride and realize how much better life is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By coldair:
adopt a dog
View Quote

Jimmy Buffett - "Like My Dog" Video
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Stay strong.

It's life, full of ups & downs take it in stride.

as other said talk to someone and remenber it's mostly 1st world problems we deal with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
You talked about these problems before. Have you gone to a counselor? You need the guidance of a trusted professional. :)
View Quote

The penguin is correct.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#23]
It’s rough out there but there is always a lesson to learn. Find God if you haven’t already. You have a calling on this earth, find it, and commit yourself 100%. You can learn to be who/what you want to be.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:32:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank_B] [#24]
Originally Posted By coldair:
adopt a dog
View Quote

Or help out at an animal rescue.
Are there any horse rescues near you? Helping out there will give you a good workout and a lot of horses can be very good for your well being.
"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man."
Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#25]
CRSSBNS thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#26]
It's always darkest before the dawn. Hang in there, dude.

Lots of good advice in here to listen too, notably about exercise and cutting out booze if you're depressed.

Honestly Analyze the failed relationships and see if there are areas that you need to address. Not many have the stones to admit to their own faults and correct them. Be someone who does.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I can dig it.  I'm a socially autistic.  I don't understand the undercurrents, the non-verbal, the "norms".  

I found peace and contentment in just trying to be a good person to those around me, even when someone takes advantage of my good nature (that's on them).

Don't let others tell you how you are supposed to feel.  There are people who can help.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#28]
@ThrustMyStoma
@RTX
@Geralt55
@Skillshot
@RedAngus
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By The_Beaten_Weiner:

walterwhiteyouregoddamnright.jpeg
View Quote
Username nails it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:39:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CRSSBNS:
I'm so worn out from shit. I always fuck up my social situations no matter how hard I try. Typical three year cycle, its about time. Nothing to look forward to, no future. Cant trust people, they'll always leave. This place is torture, I fucking want out.
View Quote
disregard females.  acquire currency.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Sometimes life sucks, but often its your perspective that makes things seem worse. What did you years ago that you enjoyed? Start that back up, meet new people, break the cycle.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey,

I've gone thru cycles with people most of my life.  Some were girls I was friends with (friend zoned) some were awesome guys I was close friends with from work, some were childhood and teenage friends I was super close with for many years, but grew apart from.  Most of the time it was due to moving, relationship changes, career changes, etc.  Life always evolves.  Sometimes you lose great people and it's difficult to have that same connection to somebody new in your life as you get older.  It's ok, that's life.  I'm so jealous that you live in TN.  I wish I was a southerner.  You live in an awesome State.  

I've moved many times and therefore had a few "resets."  It is always possible to start over if you want to, but the friends and connections we had may or may not be better in the future.  Some are, some aren't.  Be tough and don't give up.  Even if you can't change certain aspects of your life, you can always find the bright side of life.  There's almost nothing you can't walk away from or change.  There's also almost no telling what good you can find or make happen in your future.

Keep your chin up and don't give up Hope!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe a decade ago, our church's beloved pastor preached his last sermon. He was like a grandfather to everyone there, gentle, intelligent, former Marine as well. His sermon was about not giving up, and he attached this photo in the bulletin.  I've been thinking about it lately. It's just a silly picture, but think of all the great men in history. We wouldn't know their story or have benefited from their actions had they gave up when things went south.

Don't give up, you're not the only one going through sucky times. Reach out for help. If you don't have anybody you have all of GD to reach out to, even me, a boring 11er.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:42:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner63a] [#34]
March 24th, 2004 at 1652hrs CDST,  I got injured line of duty, blew out the two lowest discs in my spine.  

Over 200 injections in my spine.

4 surgeries,    1 to fuse 3 vertebra levels together, gutted like a deer to cut out the old ruptured discs.   Stuffed my spaghetti back in, stapled me shut, flipped me over to drill and tap 6 vertebra for the titanium screws to hold the rods.

Weeks and months learning to walk again, try to get back to life.

Another surgery to remove the titanium hardware that held my spine together while the live donor bone material grew in place.
Attachment Attached File

Rx rollercoaster.

Slowly losing the ability to walk again, like Chief Brashear walking in the MkV Diving Ensemble in "Men of Honor"

People take for granted the ability to walk.

ALong the way, God put somebody in my life, that I let my condition make bad decision to run her off.

20 years, surpised I made it this long.  There were times I didn't want to.  I was >< this close to going on a fishing trip and never returning.  Even called my dad so he would know there was nothing he could of done to change anything.  He happened to be drinking that night, didn't understand what I was trying to tell him.  I got past it.  

18 months after, things happened that allowed me to move to FL to at least get away from the CO winters.

We have people here fighting cancer in their bodies, or in their loved ones' bodies.    

You got your health.   The ability to walk.       Change the things you have the power to and accept the things that you can't.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CRSSBNS:

Not the place.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m going on 5 years of absolute misery, due mainly to the prescription drugs I was on.  It will be six soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RTX] [#37]
Hang in there, crossbuns. Shit'll get better.

Tell us what's been going on. Long time, no see, so you've been up to something. Spill it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Why do you think there is a market for cocaine and hookers?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
March 24th, 2004 at 1652hrs CDST,  I got injured line of duty, blew out the two lowest discs in my spine.  

Over 200 injections in my spine.

4 surgeries,    1 to fuse 3 vertebra levels together, gutted like a deer to cut out the old ruptured discs.   Stuffed my spaghetti back in, stapled me shut, flipped me over to drill and tap 6 vertebra for the titanium screws to hold the rods.

Weeks and months learning to walk again, try to get back to life.

Another surgery to remove the titanium hardware that held my spine together while the live donor bone material grew in place.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43902/Titanium_Hardware_jpg-3208339.JPG
Rx rollercoaster.

Slowly losing the ability to walk again, like Chief Brashear walking in the MkV Diving Ensemble in "Men of Honor"

People take for granted the ability to walk.

ALong the way, God put somebody in my life, that I let my condition make bad decision to run her off.

20 years, surpised I made it this long.  There were times I didn't want to.  I was >< this close to going on a fishing trip and never returning.  Even called my dad so he would know there was nothing he could of done to change anything.  He happened to be drinking that night, didn't understand what I was trying to tell him.  I got past it.  

18 months after, things happened that allowed me to move to FL to at least get away from the CO winters.

We have people here fighting cancer in their bodies, or in their loved ones' bodies.    

You got your health.   The ability to walk.       Change the things you have the power to and accept the things that you can't.

View Quote
copy that.

mericans have extremely easy lives and they always forget that it can always be so much worse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Oh, Hai again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
This may not be the healthiest way to help socialize yourself but at one point I was a bit the same until I spent a lot of time at a cigar lounge. Met a lot of folks who'd I never had known and made a lot of longtime friends. Now I'm on the board of the local gun club and get up and speak in front of large groups of people, something I never thought I'd do as a young man. I wish I had found a community like that sooner.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TechGal26:
Oh, Hai again.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
This may not be the healthiest way to help socialize yourself but at one point I was a bit the same until I spent a lot of time at a cigar lounge. Met a lot of folks who'd I never had known and made a lot of longtime friends. Now I'm on the board of the local gun club and get up and speak in front of large groups of people, something I never thought I'd do as a young man. I wish I had found a community like that sooner.
View Quote
i've been spending a lot of time in the hospital lately visiting a sick relative.

gives you a lot of perspective on life.

have also noticed that my relative is the only person on the floor who gets regular visitors.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#44]

A mile down the road is a cemetery where my dad is buried. When life got hard for him he killed himself at 49. I’m 51. He used to make fun of me, call me worthless, tell me I was a fool, that I was weak and useless. Well..I’m still breathing and my life is harder than his ever was and there are other’s here that have it harder, much harder, than me.

Every day is a choice OP. Choose to fight. We all lose, we all hurt, we all cry…we don’t all quit. Don’t quit.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Oh, Hai again.

Her avatar is so freakin' hawt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Get a cat OP. I'm serious.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Hopefully, you can take a step back and realize that this is just a phase. Life will throw you curveballs some of them earned some not. Life has some amazing joys in it, it also brings some dark lows. Patience is a virtue. Try and learn from every mistake and keep putting 1 foot in front of the other.

I promise you it will get better. Hang in there and if you need to talk, shoot me an IM. Tomorrow is a new day.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Oh, Hai again.

I actually wondered about him last week and did a site search to see what was going on.  
Our little poodle has some big issues.

OP...stop trying so hard,  it stinks to everyone
Work on making friends,  or at the least being OK with less friends and more acquaintances.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:59:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Get a cat OP. I'm serious.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493937/20240212_233537_jpg-3208361.JPG
View Quote

OP is a dog guy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RTX:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTX:
Oh, Hai again.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Locked I just give up (Page 1 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top