Pick those knees up!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:45:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: XNARC] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Excuses, excuses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJC0D4QA00U

View Quote

Yeah, sure you could use a baton, or the Pr24 would have worked, but I read Secret Service pioneered a new technique with maxipads

According to Secret Service sources, Herczeg arrived for duty acting erratically, grabbing a fellow agent's personal phone and started deleting applications from it. She also was mumbling to herself, hiding behind curtains and throwing items at fellow agents including menstrual pads, according to the report.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:

No, just pointing out that even though the officers were fat and encumbered by their gear, and with a head start perp was unable to put much distance between them.  She definitely didn’t have any cardiovascular fitness.  A woman who was in even half way decent shape would have left the officers in the dust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tokamak:

Not by much.  Running in a police uniform with all the gear and body armor is a PITA.  That woman should have been 50 yards in from to the officers.  Still, most people are in terrible shape.  I was always able to catch anyone I ran after when I was a patrol officer.   The ones who were faster didn’t last long.  I always had superior endurance.

Is saying "running in police uniform with all the gear" a polite way of saying they are fat and never had a chance?

No, just pointing out that even though the officers were fat and encumbered by their gear, and with a head start perp was unable to put much distance between them.  She definitely didn’t have any cardiovascular fitness.  A woman who was in even half way decent shape would have left the officers in the dust.

Maybe she was pacing herself for the long haul.

Sprinters get caught by joggers.

It's why the Wetzel brothers could run down any animal except for a horse. The deer would sprint away then stop to rest. Keep up that cycle and they would eventually run it down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
No one that's strong, or fast, wants to admit it, but some people are naturally one or both.  I've fought some psych patients in the ER that are very fast, and I promise you they don't train cardio.  Also seen some dudes that could walk on stage at a local bodybuilding show and do pretty well...guarantee they don't lift or do shit for work.  Just naturally really big with abs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KnightStick:
In the late 90's a female officer wanted to see why a dude was asleep in his car. I said because he's drunk and sleeping it off. But she insisted  and long story short me and him.ened up fighting over his big ass butcher knife while she screamed and I yelled at hee to shoot him or call for assistance. Real help in the form of my regular male contact came and dude dropped the knife when he saw the gun come out.

I tell this story to rookies to help them know to always stay in the fight. But to let them know that I would still rather have her back me up than some Monday Morning Quarterback sitting on his ass on a couch comfortably behind a computer screen because at least she shows up for the fight and isn't a scared boy letting women handle the rough stuff
View Quote

Hmm... I figured the moral of the story to the rookies would be leave people alone that clearly are not harming anyone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Not by much.  Running in a police uniform with all the gear and body armor is a PITA.  That woman should have been 50 yards in from to the officers.  Still, most people are in terrible shape.  I was always able to catch anyone I ran after when I was a patrol officer.   The ones who were faster didn’t last long.  I always had superior endurance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wolfdentd:
Now we see who has the better cardio

I'm not sure she ever actually got to a full run, looked like she was just out for a jog to me
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Everything is bigger in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Briefly entertainining
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Missed catching her by a cunt hair.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#12]
all my kids ran XC and track in HS over the years.  no lie been to hundreds of XC and track meets.  they were all mid to long distance runners -- no sprinters

always interesting to see the different 'body types' in the events and running styles.

some runners are not particularly 'athletic' looking.  the long-legged kids don't look like they are going fast but they cover a lot of ground per stride.  whereas the smaller kids legs are pumping furiously to achieve their speed.  

so in the end -- the proof is in the result.  but the 'mechanics' of the gait can be quite variable per runner.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Excuses, excuses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJC0D4QA00U

View Quote
Someone I worked with may or may not have thrown a Streamlight SL-20L like a tomahawk straight into a suspect's back during a foot pursuit through the projects which dropped him like a bad habit
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
No one that's strong, or fast, wants to admit it, but some people are naturally one or both.  I've fought some psych patients in the ER that are very fast, and I promise you they don't train cardio.  Also seen some dudes that could walk on stage at a local bodybuilding show and do pretty well...guarantee they don't lift or do shit for work.  Just naturally really big with abs.
View Quote

Some people will fool ya.

Back when I ran adventure races,  I could maintain 8 minute miles for a long time. Not fast by runner standards but not bad.

Was out on a trail and on a long straightaway,  saw this pudgy lady up ahead. Figured, I'll catch and pass her in short order.

Never caught her. She just chugged right along.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
In the late 90's a female officer wanted to see why a dude was asleep in his car. I said because he's drunk and sleeping it off. But she insisted  and long story short me and him.ened up fighting over his big ass butcher knife while she screamed and I yelled at hee to shoot him or call for assistance. Real help in the form of my regular male contact came and dude dropped the knife when he saw the gun come out.

I tell this story to rookies to help them know to always stay in the fight. But to let them know that I would still rather have her back me up than some Monday Morning Quarterback sitting on his ass on a couch comfortably behind a computer screen because at least she shows up for the fight and isn't a scared boy letting women handle the rough stuff
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Tells a story about his useless female partner doing nothing but screaming during a potential fight for his life

Takeaway is men online are the problem lol

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By huntingAz:
She should have circled around a little more and picked up her purse......
View Quote

LOL....For a second there, that's exactly what I thought she was doing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joglee] [#17]

View Quote

I’m in pretty decent shape and hate a foot pursuit. You’re guaranteed to be at a disadvantage because of all the crap you wear. They likely could have gotten a good taser shot off a couple of times though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#18]
The more power that is given to females, the more free we become
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:
Have you ever been with a Warrior Woman?
View Quote

Like this ?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#21]
A midcap thread I see.

Does that department have fitness standards? Did those girls pass it? The suspect probably would.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By joglee:

I’m in pretty decent shape and hate a foot pursuit. You’re guaranteed to be at a disadvantage because of all the crap you wear. They likely could have gotten a good taser shot off a couple of times though.
View Quote

I get it, but it is also the job.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:04:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#23]
Those two female officers are easily more than 30 lbs+ overweight that would make them not just "overweight", but class II obese.  

Given that women are already at a severe physical disadvantage to men their physical standards in terms of BMI, body fat percentage, and overall medical health should be even more strict than the men's standards.

Put fat officers on bike patrols and you have them bike their rear ends off.   Like set patrol routes for them to complete each shift and you have their supervisors track them to make sure they're doing it.  They should be biking those calories off all day long in the hot Texas sun.  Now, they probably eat like absolute garbage and there isn't much you can do about that, but could as an incentive offer some kind of "fitness bonus" to officers that meet or exceed the physical fitness standards each year.  Some places in the private sector will even reimburse employees up to a certain amount for physical fitness equipment or gym memberships.  

Might be worth it for departments to find nutrition coaches and certified fitness instructors that they could recommend to officers who didn't meet the body fat standards.   Maybe work out a deal with a local gym for discounts for police officers as well.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:10:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#25]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:
A midcap thread I see.

Does that department have fitness standards? Did those girls pass it? The suspect probably would.
View Quote

I pulled the video off the net and converted it to a gif.  It supposedly is from Corpus Christi, TX.  To answer your question about fitness standards at that agency, I did a quick google search.  The first result is pretty funny.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#26]
I got to interact this week with a 20yo female police officer. 5’4, 110lbs or less.

The only way she’s ever arresting someone is if they let themselves be arrested.  If she’s ever involved in a lethal force situation, whoever hired her should be charged with manslaughter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:11:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#27]
A lot of officers eat fast food during their shifts.  

Unfortuantely, a lot of the healthy fast food options were removed from menus when COVID hit in 2020.   McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's all removed their grilled chicken sandwiches from their menus and now you can only get the fried chicken sandwiches that are multiple times higher in fat and carbs.   McDonalds also removed their egg white breakfast sandwhich, which was fairly healthy.

Meal prep is something officers need to do and they need to pack their lunches for work.  Eating fast food and sitting in a patrol car for hours will absolutley make anyone fat.  You can't outwork a bad diet either, could spend two hours in a gym every day and still put on weight if you're eating like crap.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:

I was humming it to myself as I watched the gif.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Inneedofhelp:
Originally Posted By watgar:
Needs some Benny Hill music lol

I was humming it to myself as I watched the gif.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:13:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#29]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
I'm guessing that the clip doesn't include the eventual arrest. So there was a foot pursuit.
View Quote

In the full video (which I used to create the gif), it appears that the two officers gave up trying to catch the woman and she got away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:31:42 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a cool story…a department had hiring testing in ongoing 90 day cycles, physical, written, medical, board, etc. Didnt get a lot qualified females, so we just thought outside the box… segregated the physical agility, so proctors could help as needed, no more dummy drag, no push a squad car, no grip strength, no bench body weight, etc, as to the run and wall climb, the proctors assisted as needed, like a battle buddy.

So, there was a big complex, range, shoot house, gym, obstacle course, track, etc where this was held. I’m coming out of the gym and throwing my bag in my trunk when I see 2 test proctors getting a female up over a wall obstacle… we see each other and I’m like WTF! I get the it’s all good brah, no one chases anymore, we just motorola!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:
I got to interact this week with a 20yo female police officer. 5’4, 110lbs or less.
View Quote

don't worry -- she'll likely be 5'4" and 180lbs soon enough.  

tough job -- as mentioned above
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Read that story back to yourself...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
That chick is a runner.  Once she was on stride, I bet she didn't slow down for 6 miles.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#34]
There was one female officer at my agency that I hated to get paired up with.  She was argumentative and bitchy and often seemed to pick fights with people we were talking with.  Once the fight started, she would stand back and I was left to fight with the person.  I avoided getting paired up with her if at all possible.  Fortunately she left the agency and went somewhere else.  She was downright dangerous.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JaredGrey:

View Quote

Define "interact"
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:31:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 762xIAN] [#36]
Should re do that with Beastie Boys Sabotage like this one:

[youtube]shorts/eh35bdl_y6s[/youtube]

https://youtube.com/shorts/eh35bdl_y6s?si=PPP0BGm2HQqFj-E9
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#37]
Are we sure that’s not Bruce Jenner?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Primetime_1:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By behindenemylines:
View Quote

She probably shaves

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Genin:
There was one female officer at my agency that I hated to get paired up with.  She was argumentative and bitchy and often seemed to pick fights with people we were talking with.  Once the fight started, she would stand back and I was left to fight with the person.  I avoided getting paired up with her if at all possible.  Fortunately she left the agency and went somewhere else.  She was downright dangerous.
View Quote

We had a guy that was like that, 5'5" manlet with a chip on his shoulder that treated everyone like garbage and would talk himself into fights for no reason. He moved on to a bigger agency not long after I left and, last I heard, was involved in 4 or 5 OIS in his first five years
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By behindenemylines:
View Quote

I hate to break this to you …it ain’t had hair in a long time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#44]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

all my kids ran XC and track in HS over the years.  no lie been to hundreds of XC and track meets.  they were all mid to long distance runners -- no sprinters

always interesting to see the different 'body types' in the events and running styles.

some runners are not particularly 'athletic' looking.  the long-legged kids don't look like they are going fast but they cover a lot of ground per stride.  whereas the smaller kids legs are pumping furiously to achieve their speed.  

so in the end -- the proof is in the result.  but the 'mechanics' of the gait can be quite variable per runner
View Quote

On this particular note;

I don’t know what the heck prompted it, but several coworkers decided to have a foot race after work. 2 males, and one tiny female (I’m talking might have been 5’ even. Might have been just under 5’, but slim and athletic).

They asked if I wanted to get in. I took one look at the competitors (2 overweight guys, and the tiny female), and laughed. “Nah, but I can help judge”, so I told them, “OK, we’ll keep it simple. Starting line is here. Run to that van (about 40 yards away), and back. First one to cross the line, wins”.

What was funny to me, was hearing the difference in their footsteps.

The overweight guys (who both talk about going to the gym regularly) were running STOMP…STOMP…STOMP…STOMP…

The tiny gal’s footsteps were patpatpatpatpatpat… I’d estimate she was taking 3 steps for each step from one of the guys.

One of the guys gassed out before even reaching the van (definitely less than 50 yards away), and the tiny gal had already outdistanced him in that short run, then he tried helping out the other overweight guy by running interference/blocking the gal on the return run, and she STILL almost caught up to the 2nd guy.

The rest of us watching had a pretty good laugh.

One of my other coworkers said, “So that’s why you didn’t join in”. He tried to outrun me once. Said he was running as fast as he could (also overweight, shorter, and I don’t think he’s ever worked out at all), and said every time he looked, I was right behind him. I told him after a short initial sprint to catch up, (since I gave him a head start), I realized I could easily keep up to him while just loping at a leisurely pace. Told him I kinda felt like Pepe LePew, keeping up with the frantic cat, without breaking a sweat.

Gal in this video looked to be doing the same; Quick initial burst to gain a comfortable distance/separation, after which she realized she didn’t need to push herself to stay comfortably out of reach.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd rather meet a bear in the woods then interact with a female cop.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By klinc:

Hmm... I figured the moral of the story to the rookies would be leave people alone that clearly are not harming anyone.
View Quote
DUI used to mean DRIVING under the influence.
OVI meant OPERATING a vehicle under the influence.

NOW, you can be sleeping in your back seat, with the car not running. Keys not in the ignition. And STILL get one of the above.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By kc-coyote:
http://i.imgur.com/XGg6HjD.gif
View Quote

After she's done running her laps, bring her to me.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Kristy Kreme and her partner need to hit the gym.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:10:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#49]
Surprised no one’s posted the meme with the fat male cop and the skinny white kid smiling at the camera with the caption “Should I run for it?”
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Genin:
View Quote

Okay, that's kind of funny, but I'm sure not funny to actually have to deal with in person.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top