Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Fallout Amazon series (Page 5 of 36)
Page / 36
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Well it shows available now in prime but still only the preview....
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
It's 9:00... where's it at?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Great job, Amazon.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Somebody is getting fired over this.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it only playing on the link?

Won't rewind either.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm watching it
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Up now
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:06:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 07yzryder] [#8]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:07:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#9]
Its live, click details instead of play on the main page and you can select which episode you want

Also showing on my chromecast
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#10]
It's up!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Fallout 1 and 2 are the only Fallouts. (Maybe Vegas.)
View Quote

Tactics FTW
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#12]
it's that gay watch party thing, scroll down
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Less than 9min in and I’m getting woke vibes
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:
Less than 9min in and I'm getting woke vibes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_1276_jpeg-3184497.JPG
What in the world?

I'm ten minutes in and havent seen any.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#16]
How is it going so far? I'm still at work for a few more hours.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By nsw8148:
What in the world?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nsw8148:
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:
Less than 9min in and I'm getting woke vibes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_1276_jpeg-3184497.JPG
What in the world?

I almost posted “woke” one minute after it started……because you know they were waiting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Seems to be staying pretty true to the games. Sound effects are stock game.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
How is it going so far? I'm still at work for a few more hours.
View Quote

Some dude just rubbed his dick on the curtains
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#20]
About 10 minutes in Lucy says “after cousin stuff, im excited for the real thing”.  So she was bangin her cousin right before she was approved for marriage.

WTF.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
So far, I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Modern day Sellier & Bellot packaging. Neat.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#23]
How long before I start watching should I start the early drinking?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be watching it this weekend.  

Hard to gauge anything from reading GD. Some of y'all see wokeness in every dollop of squirrel shit on your lawn.  

My threshold for bullshit it pretty high. All it has to be is mildly entertaining.  

Trying to please the fanbase is a sisyphean task; impossible and never ending. The die-hards cannot be made happy, ever.    
Ignoring the fans and catering to the lowest common denominator just results in microwavable mashed potatoes; bland, boring, bullshit.  

Hopefully they ride the line. Far as I'm concerned, it just has to be watchable. Doesn't have to be nazi-strict to the source material, IDGAF if it's not perfect. Fallout as a whole did not take itself seriously , even from day 1. I mean, hell, even the first game is practically a road map of pop culture references like stumbling upon the Tardis from Doctor Who.    

Just be not shitty. That's all. It's the same thing I ask from any sandwich I eat. You don't have to be perfect, just don't be shitty...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Rattlehead34:
About 10 minutes in Lucy says "after cousin stuff, im excited for the real thing".  So she was bangin her cousin right before she was approved for marriage.

WTF.
View Quote
After 200 years, the whole vault was cousins.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:52:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HellSpork:
I'll be watching it this weekend.  

Hard to gauge anything from reading GD. Some of y'all see wokeness in every dollop of squirrel shit on your lawn.  

My threshold for bullshit it pretty high. All it has to be is mildly entertaining.  

Trying to please the fanbase is a sisyphean task; impossible and never ending. The die-hards cannot be made happy, ever.    
Ignoring the fans and catering to the lowest common denominator just results in microwavable mashed potatoes; bland, boring, bullshit.  

Hopefully they ride the line. Far as I'm concerned, it just has to be watchable. Doesn't have to be nazi-strict to the source material, IDGAF if it's not perfect. Fallout as a whole did not take itself seriously , even from day 1. I mean, hell, even the first game is practically a road map of pop culture references like stumbling upon the Tardis from Doctor Who.    

Just be not shitty. That's all. It's the same thing I ask from any sandwich I eat. You don't have to be perfect, just don't be shitty...
View Quote

Totally agree. Many folks are going absurdly out of their way to be offended by something. They're only happy when they have something to complain about. Lol
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#27]
View Quote

No woke vibes but they definitely went DEI on casting. I think white males are about .05% of the cast.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wineraner] [#28]
Originally Posted By Rattlehead34:
About 10 minutes in Lucy says “after cousin stuff, im excited for the real thing”.  So she was bangin her cousin right before she was approved for marriage.

WTF.
View Quote

Vaults be like that.  Probably part of the experimentation.

Aside, that is one of the stupidest fucking parts of the canon, that the vaults were psychological experiments.  For the benefit of who, assholes?  WHO IS GOING TO CARE ABOUT PSYCHOLOGY AFTER A GLOBAL APOCALYPSE?

It did allow for great set pieces:  the election vault, the armory vault, but it's still profoundly stupid.  Even more than locking Avellone's editor in the closet for the entirety of Lonesome Road.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#29]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
We probably also need to clarify what actually IS "woke" when it comes to an adaptation...

A female protagonist is not woke, but a female protagonist who is all powerful with no character arc is. It is good writing 101 to give your character an arc, which is usually presented as "introduce character, introduce problem, character must overcome problem through adversity and personal growth". The modern "woke" female character arc is always something like "female character is powerful but others try to deny her power, she becomes even more powerful by embracing her power". That is not an arc, that is a dot on a page. The character did not grow or change through adversity. They started strong and ended strong.

A story about class divisions, race, or gender are not inherently woke, but when those things are routinely harped on and made the focal point of everything in the story then it is woke. Typically these items are what is known as a catalyst, an element of the story that serves as a match to light the fuse of the -actual- story. They are the starting point, the story is the journey to the end point. But when these items become the story again it isn't a story, its a lecture. If the entire plot is basically established as "thing bad" and the whole story is just the characters constantly reminding us that "thing is indeed bad" that is boring and has no draw. The audience starts knowing the outcome because the outcome is telegraphed from the start.

Finally we come to the ultimate "woke" complaint, character recasting. If a new character is introduced that the audience has never seen before, they can be anything... black, white, gay, straight, you name it. That character is new and they are who they are, it is not "woke" for a story to have a black gay character if that is who the character is. What IS "woke" is if an already established character is suddenly recast or remodeled to fit some new race, gender, or sexual orientation check box. If everyone knows a character is, was, and has always been a straight white guy for that character to suddenly be a black woman is jarring and can even be detrimental to the story. Changing who a character is fundamentally changes the character. Which indirectly changes elements of, and sometimes even the entire jist of the story. There is never a decent reason to change who characters are in adaptations, because the characters are who they are. They are established. If you want a story about a dinosaur park gone amok but you want Dr. Grant to be a trans asian person with a fake leg, you really need to write your own story and not change Michael Crichton's.
View Quote

Good one.

Addendum:

If it fits none of what you posted, BUT it does fit these, and is trying to push these as true, you know for sure it's woke.

What you posted are bad habits in any sort of story. It's just that the woke seem so prone to using them, because they don't struggle for excellence. They struggle for power, and only power, and virtually always do so by lying and backstabbing and other underhanded means.

Inherent to these definitions of woke is that, in the west, they view the system as built to systemically favor those in power, and that the way to fix this is to complain. Always complain. About everything, even if it is not worthy of complaint. They do that because the people who push this way of viewing things recognized that in the west, complaints about the system are listened to. So they seek to abuse the snot out of that.

Properly woke movies whine about the STUPIDEST stuff and call it racist or sexest or (insert anything), and they do it for no good reason, and people are put off by that stuff. People who are woke have no humor, cannot relax, and reflexively always must whinge. That comes out in their work.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Aside, that is one of the stupidest fucking parts of the canon, that the vaults were psychological experiments.  For the benefit of who, assholes?  WHO IS GOING TO CARE ABOUT PSYCHOLOGY AFTER A GLOBAL APOCALYPSE?
View Quote
Vault Tec didn't expect a real apocalypse.  They were going to fake news an apocalypse, lock people away, and conduct their experiments.  Then China nuked the US and Vault Tec ceased to exist as a company.  I'm probably remembering wrong, but I think it was New Vegas that covered that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Watched the first episode.  Much better than I expected.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:15:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Holy androgynous battle buddy, Batman!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Voland] [#33]
Just finished episode 1

Not woke

Good casting

Good costumes

Editing is a little odd to me but it's almost like the game loading cut scenes

Overall, I'm liking it and will watch episode 2
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bologna:

Some dude just rubbed his dick on the curtains
View Quote

I laughed out loud when did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Vaults be like that.  Probably part of the experimentation.

It did allow for great set pieces:  the election vault, the armory vault, but it's still profoundly stupid.  Even more than locking Avellone's editor in the closet for the entirety of Lonesome Road.
View Quote

That kind of the point…their society as whole was trash, shiny trash..but trash none the less…

They were all evil.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#36]
The core of Fallout is dark, goofy, fucked up humor. That's why the vaults are fucked up experiments.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#37]
This was intended to attract minors then…show the real stuff, the raunchy sex, the jacking off, the wipe, this is precisely what they intended. Reel in a youthful audience to watch the video game production and bam.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#38]
So far, they have done a darned good job. The vaults are fancier, but the violence is about right.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
This was intended to attract minors then…show the real stuff, the raunchy sex, the jacking off, the wipe, this is precisely what they intended. Reel in a youthful audience to watch the video game production and bam.
View Quote

I'd find it hard to believe there are Fallout fans under the age of 35.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#40]
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Fuck the rest of them. The Ghoul is the character I want to see more of. Walton Goggins nailed it so far.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:34:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bradbn4] [#42]
better than expected - a bit more WTF in the humor segment.not always a bad thing

hard to find the show at first, - but managed to watch it from start to end in live mode.

Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By CavScout:
View Quote

The games are rated Mature 17+.

So I guess yes, minors…

But if the show is anything like the games…

Then what you are describing isn’t really that crazy…
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Not bad so far, like the violence but a little confused on the different story lines if they're all happening at the same time or not?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got done watching the first episode.  So far it’s better than I expected and I am entertained.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I just finished the first episode.  I'm not a gamer, but it seems decent for a comic book type show.  I will continue watching.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Fuck the rest of them. The Ghoul is the character I want to see more of. Walton Goggins nailed it so far.
View Quote

He will be great in this role. So far, he is nailing it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
Watched the first episode.  Much better than I expected.
View Quote

Yep

It's good so far.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Amazon seems to have learned from Netflix's mistakes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Thought it was funny that Limehouse dug up Boyd.
Page / 36
Fallout Amazon series (Page 5 of 36)
Top Top