Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/14/2024 10:51:23 PM EDT
To quote Uncle Philly, is all that's needed to kill a crocodile just some f*king head trauma with any gun, or can the sheer impact and resultant trauma from the blow of a .50BMG bullet into most anywhere else along the body of a crocodile or alligator be sufficient to kill it?

Can't seem to find an answer anywhere, so moving to ARFCOM GD, which should be the right place for this kind of question.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Of course not.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Huh?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
We’ll, if 9mm will blow a lung out, there is no telling what a .50 will do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 50BMG and I haven’t killed anything with it yet and that makes me sad
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you asking if it would kill one if it hit it in any random body part? If so, no.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#6]
A leg? Absolutely not, nor the tail. About anywhere else and I would think he is fucked.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HRoark87:
Are you asking if it would kill one if it hit it in any random body part? If so, no.
View Quote

Blood loss?

You would die, but I'd wager the croc would too.   Just more slowly
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know but I would truly like to believe so. I carry a .44 magnum when hiking around here just in case I ever need to shoot an alligator in the head. Seems like last year a few people gotten eaten by 14-foot monster gators.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Why three hands though . . .
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Nope. Shoot a leg off it'll live. Plenty of gators out there missing a leg or so from fighting other gators.

Bet Crocs are the same.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spork:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spork:

Why not!

Also...

Bing seems to be confused about guns.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:19:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#13]
I saw one popped in the head with a 7.7 Ariska back in 1980.

Mellowed his ass right out after a couple of minutes rolling violently around in the river.

It was really exciting in the Philippines man!

So yes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#14]
A buddy of mine was a pro wolverine hunter. Always used a 12 gauge.

He went to Africa on a crocodile hunting trip. Set up with .50BMG on the shoreline. Said you could shoot ‘em anywhere, head, little toe, butthole, tail, anywhere. The sheer trauma would kill ‘em.

On the afternoon of the first day, he waded into the river to gather up all the dead crocs. Some were B&C record crocs.

Anyway, he was killed and eaten by hippos right there in the river. He told me later that was the day he learned that hippos are the orcas of the Nile.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

He went to Africa on a crocodile hunting trip. Set up with .50BMG on the shoreline. Said you could shoot ‘em anywhere, head, little toe, butthole, tail, anywhere. The sheer trauma would kill ‘em.

On the afternoon of the first day, he waded into the river to gather up all the dead crocs. Some were B&C record crocs.

Anyway, he was killed and eaten by hippos right there in the river. He told me later that was the day he learned that hippos are the orcas of the Nile.

View Quote

Hold up
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By UTex86:

Hold up
View All Quotes

Hold up

Eaten by hippos...

So a lesbian midcap thread?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

What, did he use like telepathy to tell you that after 'he was killed', or WTF is your direct object in that sentence?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:43:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Hold up
View Quote

He got better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#19]

He went to Africa on a crocodile hunting trip. Set up with .50BMG on the shoreline. Said you could shoot 'em anywhere, head, little toe, butthole, tail, anywhere. The sheer trauma would kill 'em.

View Quote
Did he share this with you during a seance?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#20]

He went to Africa on a crocodile hunting trip. Set up with .50BMG on the shoreline. Said you could shoot 'em anywhere, head, little toe, butthole, tail, anywhere. The sheer trauma would kill 'em.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timeless] [#21]
You could punch through 50 crocodiles wearing additional body armor from another zip code.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes if in the head or body, a leg or tail probably not.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:59:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#23]
Muh buddy who was a special forces sniper in 'Nam said all you had to do was get the shot within a couple feet of the guy with a .50 cal. The shockwave off the bullet'll kill 'em dead.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Seems like a lot of you guys are disagreeing with my buddy about hippos being the orcas of the Nile, but I can assure you that he knew what he was talking about after all that he went through.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#25]
OP: English, do you speak it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Google keith warren .50 bmg whitetail hunt legends ranch and you will see he misses a headshot but the pressure wave still killed the deer. Its bizarre but thats the video he put out.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#27]

Learn to manually edit and make corrections with Photoshop or any other image editor!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:12:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By pac-man-10:
Google keith warren .50 bmg whitetail hunt legends ranch and you will see he misses a headshot but the pressure wave still killed the deer. Its bizarre but thats the video he put out.
View Quote

Umm. No.

There’s a video out there of a .50 BMG bullet being shot past a house of cards and it doesn’t knock it down.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:12:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Seems like a lot of you guys are disagreeing with my buddy about hippos being the orcas of the Nile, but I can assure you that he knew what he was talking about after all that he went through.
View Quote

I mean.

Resurrection ain't the chtlytf'ghyylh' that it used to be!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I mean.

Resurrection ain't the chtlytf'ghyylh' that it used to be!
View Quote

Here’s his number:  (773) 404-2827.

Call and ask if you don’t believe him.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:16:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: watgar] [#31]
View Quote

Booger hooks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:18:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

He shot the fucking deer through and through right in the fucking eyes.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:25:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By electrojk:

View All Quotes

I saw him bust some supposed diseased giraffe one time.

I think he used a .50 BMG on that one too.

Maybe it was a .338 Lapua I don't remember now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:26:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#35]
Originally Posted By MongooseKY:
Did he share this with you during a seance?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing. Had to reread his post a few times to make sure I was reading it right.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:27:52 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Not going to be an ass. Read your original post. You stated he shot record crocs (and the reader infers based on your wording, your buddy later got eaten that day by hippos.)

You then go on to share the story your buddy told you about crocs. Hence the silly posts by others.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I think crocs are cool as hell. But yeah, I'd be a wildabeast's best friend as I sat on the bank with a rifle, giving it a fighting chance against the dinosaur throwbacks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:31:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Not going to be an ass. Read your original post. You stated he shot record crocs (and the reader infers based on your wording, your buddy later got eaten that day by hippos.)

You then go on to share the story your buddy told you about crocs. Hence the silly posts by others.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s how it happened.

The hippos got him when he waded in. He never had a chance.

When he tells the story it will make the hair on your neck stand up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure the deer video got debunked a dozen times but people still mention it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Is she a mutant, cause that bitch has 3 hands
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Did you communicate somewhere between his shooting crocs and his death? Or was it posthumous for your buddy?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:40:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#42]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Did you communicate somewhere between his shooting crocs and his death? Or was it posthumous for your buddy?
View Quote

It’s pretty straightforward.

This is a true story about the unexpected dangers of hippos. There are a lot of people in the wolverine pro hunter community that can vouch for my buddy’s integrity.

The first time I posted this story online was about twelve years ago.

The next day I got a phone call from Dr. Pedro Alvarado. He explained that he was the chairman of the question selection committee for the SATs. He told me that the story of my buddy’s African adventure was the most perfect example of the hero’s journey ever seen in English literature. He said he cried when he read it because of its lessons about redemption.

He asked if it could be included in the reading comprehension section of the SAT. To this day it’s the 11th question in that section. I receive royalties twice a year.

I can’t address the medical questions you might have. I’m not that kind of expert.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

WTF is going on here? Who's on first? Are you yankin' chains, or what?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Pretty sure the deer video got debunked a dozen times but people still mention it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

In the other guy’s defense; he has 104 posts in 22 years. He probably missed all those threads
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:08:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WinstonSmith] [#45]
Just tell me you didn't get this drunk on Bud Light..
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#46]

It's pretty straightforward.

This is a true story about the unexpected dangers of hippos. There are a lot of people in the wolverine pro hunter community that can vouch for my buddy's integrity.

The first time I posted this story online was about twelve years ago.

The next day I got a phone call from Dr. Pedro Alvarado. He explained that he was the chairman of the question selection committee for the SATs. He told me that the story of my buddy's African adventure was the most perfect example of the hero's journey ever seen in English literature. He said he cried when he read it because of its lessons about redemption.

He asked if it could be included in the reading comprehension section of the SAT. To this day it's the 11th question in that section. I receive royalties twice a year.

I can't address the medical questions you might have. I'm not that kind of expert.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#47]
This thread is what GD ought to be.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:38:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Direct hit? Yeah.

From the Shockwave of the bullet? No. There's a youtube video of a guy shooting a .50 cal through a house of cards without knocking it down.

However we still hear this get repeated. Nicholas Irving has 33 confirmed kills in the Army, and even he is telling people in interviews that .50 cal will tear limbs off if it barely misses lol.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Hippo got nuthin on the nauga. Those bastards are huge. Nearly hunted to extinction back in the 70s for their smooth hides.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Umm. No.

There’s a video out there of a .50 BMG bullet being shot past a house of cards and it doesn’t knock it down.
View All Quotes

Umm. No.

That's because they're dry paper and not flesh.

You cant get the hydrostatic shock wave in paper.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top