Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 5/7/2024 12:27:26 PM EDT
“When we think scouts we think knots and camping, but those are a means to an end," Minett said. “We are actually teaching kids a much bigger thing. We are teaching them how to have grit, and we’re teaching them life skills and we’re teaching them how to be good leaders.”

Link.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
God damn that's depressing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Well put a fork in that institution.  I grew up a scout in the 80s. It was a good thing back then and I have good memories of it.

I have 2 boys now and we don’t do scouts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't wait to see the stats on the number of summer camp pregnancies.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtskier11] [#4]
I can only imagine what other "skills" they will be teaching now.  I suppose now they are gonna fuck with Eagle Scout and ranks as a whole and destroy what they meant and the path to achieve them.  The left has killed everything..............  Surprised the Girl Scouts name didnt hit the chopping block first.  Guess its next?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
What a damn shame. There's plenty of of other coed organizations out there, such as Civil Air Patrol, why does BSA need to be? There's real value in segregated clubs for both sexes when developing boys and girls to be men and women. This idea that it should be all blended is bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of us who don't want to click on the article, what are they changing the name to?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
In for the true Kool-Aid drinkers who claim "MY BSA TROOP DOESN'T SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARENT ORG DEI DECREES!!!"

Writing has been on the wall for years now . . . everyone in TrailLife tried to tell yall
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
For those of us who don't want to click on the article, what are they changing the name to?
View Quote

Scouting America
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Sad, just dam sad...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck. That. Shit.  

Scouts is dead, long live Trail Life and American Heritage Girls.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
View Quote

Scouting America

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
The organization will be called Scouting America, SA, instead of Boy Scouts of America, BSA.

It will be a matter of time, and not much time, until the units are co-ed like in Europe and other places. This was one of the "selling points" brought up when they were "asking" our opinion on the matter back before they let girls be in their own troops.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I was a BOY SCOUT in the 70's when it was all about teaching young boys life/outdoor skills.

My son was in scouting in the early 2000's and it was still fun back then.  I wouldn't have anything to do with them today.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Are they keeping the girlscouts or merging the two? Last I heard they let girls into the boyscouts but boys couldn't join the girlscouts. Now they're nuking boyscouts which effectively makes them 2 girlscouts. what a fucking joke
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By KD_KA_Drinker:
Well put a fork in that institution.  I grew up a scout in the 80s. It was a good thing back then and I have good memories of it.

View Quote

It died years ago, this is just more dancing around inside its corpse.

Ditto on the rest. BOY Scouts was awesome for me growing up. I pulled my son out of cub scouts a couple years ago when his pack voted to go coed. Told everyone at every level why, and to get fucked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#18]
add another to the list of organizations my son will not have anything to do with.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
What a damn shame. There's plenty of of other coed organizations out there, such as Civil Air Patrol, why does BSA need to be? There's real value in segregated clubs for both sexes when developing boys and girls to be men and women. This idea that it should be all blended is bullshit.
View Quote
They're still allowed their spaces. You're just denied yours.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: highstepper] [#20]
What a shame.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:37:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Curmudgeon762] [#21]
It’s been Scouts USA for quite a while. I think this was 2+ years ago

Edit. I guess that wasn’t “Official” but our local Council has been saying Scouts USA since girls Troops launched
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
BSA is dead to me.

I say that as an Eagle Scout, as was my dad and my son just last year.  When they added the woke merit badge required for Eagle, that was it.

As with any organization, leftists infiltrate and destroy it from within.  Seems BSA has not learned any lessons on why membership is so poor.

When I was in, we did fun bad ass and sometimes dangerous shit.  Nighttime capture the flag with no lights out in the South Texas brush, knife and ax throwing, bonfires, primitive camping just for fun, fishing for our meals, maybe some small IED’s (not me of course just in case my Scoutmaster is reading this from heaven).

When my son was in a couple of years ago, the boys were the biggest bunch of pansies I’ve ever seen and that was across the three troops we were involved with.  Mostly single moms bringing their snowflakes hoping to toughen them up a bit but preventing that from happening at every turn.  To the point of cooking their food for them on campouts. Part of Scouts is eating shitty food cooked by kids with sand and egg shell in it damn it.

Pissed me right off.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#24]

I have 2 boys now and we don't do scouts.
View Quote
This.  
For me, I feel like it was mostly do to having a father and us working through all the projects for various badges, the camping trips and other outing we went on...

I actually miss working on stuff like that with my dad.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Now where is all my Eagle Scout shit, the trash can is only partially full right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Isnt this old news?  The organization has been referring to it as Scouts for years now.

I don't have a problem with girls being a part of things. Myself and my two older brothers are all Eagle Scouts. My dad was very involved and I have 2 younger sisters. They tagged along all the time and had fun with it.  One of my sisters did a couple days of Lenhok'sin High Adventure with my dad and our crew one year.

What I find comical is the fight for inclusion and now in my neighborhood there are two "GIRLS ONLY" scout groups. Why? You had your own organization called Girl Scouts.  Nobody was busting down your door to let in boys.

I had always planned to have scouts be a part of my life when I grew up and had kids. I have two boys and a girl. None of them are involved in any of the organizations. They all, pretty much suck now.  Instead we camp, hunt, fish, etc. on our own and with friends.

The Boy Scout leadership failed the organization a long long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there an alternative version?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
The organization will be called Scouting America, SA, instead of Boy Scouts of America, BSA.

It will be a matter of time, and not much time, until the units are co-ed like in Europe and other places. This was one of the "selling points" brought up when they were "asking" our opinion on the matter back before they let girls be in their own troops.
View Quote

"SA"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:
Are they keeping the girlscouts or merging the two?
View Quote

Girl Scouts is its own thing. HOWEVER, they do allow boys claiming to be girls as the pronoun brigade gave them their marching orders.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#31]
you know you can buy the book and teach this shit to your kids on your own right?  You don't need to support a closeted commie org in order to teach these skills to your children.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I thought they already changed it to just Scouts. Maybe that was just the first talks of it. Anyway, it’s been dead and a proud part of gay clown world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CZRider:

"SA"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg
View Quote

Bruh. Hahaha
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#35]

"SA"

View Quote

The Girl Scouts are changing their name also...to Scouting Sisters...SS.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

I don't have a problem with girls being a part of things.
View Quote

No. They should go be part of something else.

The creep of “well the little sisters come to meetings anyway …” and letting women be field leaders was part of the creep that got us to where we are now.

None of it should have ever been allowed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By MacManus:
you know you can buy the book and teach this shit to your kids on your own right?  You don't need to support a closeted commie org in order to teach these skills to your children.
View Quote

Yes. A lot of it. It’s harder to teach the leadership and organizational/team aspects when there is no group, though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#38]
This is a damn shame...however, it's not like nobody could see this coming. When I was involved in scouting in the 90s you could already see the rapid decline of useful skills, actual camp outs, and outdoor activities for softer, gayer, more feel good bullshit "merit badges." After recognizing that doing things outside of scouting was more rewarding, educational, and challenging than within it was an easy choice to leave.

It's been on life support for a long time and the writing has been on the walls for years now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm so happy I was born in the 70s and was able to enjoy being a boy scout.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Same. It's where I first learned to shoot during one of their summer camps, 6 or 7 yo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#42]
I was a scout in the 80's and our troop was like a Ranger School prep group  We backpacked damn near every weekend in the Sierras, Winter camped in 20' of snow freezing our little nuts, shooting 22's, learning how to be MEN.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#43]

"SA"

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"SA"

So...with the uniform changes they talk about in article will the shirts still be brown?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By -Kyuss-:
Now where is all my Eagle Scout shit, the trash can is only partially full right now.
View Quote

Why would I throw mine away?   It was from a time when it was a good organization.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#45]
“Scouting America” won’t last long either. Not inclusive of “differently naturalized” individuals.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Onion article?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#47]

"SA"

View All Quotes

"SA"

The left's new Sturmabteilung?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
View Quote

Destroying the USA piece by piece.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

That's what it boils down to.

I took my boy to Cubs for a while, thinking I'd like to do stuff with him that I enjoyed as a kid. They're all co-ed now, and one scout mom tried to lecture me on how it was better to have co-ed scouts. I just told her I disagree and walked off.

I looked at the other options, and it looks like a bunch of fundies who occasionally have religious services in the woods. That doesn't work for me, either. Looks like we'll have a 4-person local "scout troop" with the boy and his friends.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:54:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snubfan] [#50]
"In Hegelian and Marxist dialectics, change takes the form of periods of incremental or quantitative changes until a critical point is reached where a qualitative leap takes place, bringing about a fundamental transformation in the nature of the object under consideration."

https://lchc.ucsd.edu/mca/Paper/Robinson/robinson.html#:~:text=In%20Hegelian%20and%20Marxist%20dialectics,of%20the%20object%20under%20consideration
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top