Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/14/2024 11:29:35 PM EDT
The Biden administration notified Congress on Tuesday that it was moving forward with more than $1 billion in new weapons deals for Israel, U.S. and congressional officials said, a massive arms package less than a week after the White House paused a shipment of bombs over a planned Israeli assault on Rafah.

The latest weapons package includes the potential transfer of $700 million in tank ammunition, $500 million in tactical vehicles and $60 million in mortar rounds, the officials said. There are still additional steps before the weapons would be approved and delivered.

The decision to proceed with the approval process underscored the Biden administration’s reluctance to deepen its rift with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the Rafah operation by restricting longer-term weapons deals with its closest Middle East ally.

U.S. officials have stressed their opposition to a full-scale Israeli attack in the city, saying it could result in widespread civilian casualties and deepen Gaza’s humanitarian crisis without ending the threat Israel faces from Hamas. But they have registered their opposition so far only by withholding a single shipment of 2,000-pound bombs.

The first Minute is funny.
Jesse Watters: The media finally calls Biden a liar

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/biden-moves-forward-on-1-billion-in-new-arms-for-israel-844b761c?mod=e2tw
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Good
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
1 billion to half-ass pacify a 5 cent shit hole. Sounds like something we like to dig our heels into.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
How much does a nuke cost?

I bet less than a billy.

Let’s just give them a few of those and end this.

NUKE EVERYONE
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UTex86:

I bet less than a billy.

NUKE EVERYONE
View Quote

Lend/lease the B1 fleet and let Israel run a Linebacker campaign until Gaza looks like the moon. Everybody already hates Israel, might as well delete a major threat
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
This will piss off a lot people.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
$60,000,000 in mortar rounds.

That's a lot of mortar rounds
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Biden (well, his handlers) is desperately trying to convince the two groups that he's on their side and I have to assume he's merely pissing off both with how insulting, ineffective, and harmful all these half-assed symbolic gestures are.  Team Biden is doing an absolute shit job navigating this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Lend/lease the B1 fleet and let Israel run a Linebacker campaign until Gaza looks like the moon. Everybody already hates Israel, might as well delete a major threat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bet less than a billy.

NUKE EVERYONE

Let’s be reasonable.

Cash and carry
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Good
View Quote

No.

I finally feel the anger of American Jews around me and I want it to continue into November. Israel can win without this stuff.

I want my fellow American Jews as furious at the Democrats as possible because they are sadly looking for any excuse to still vote for them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Commando223] [#10]
Is there anyone else we can give stuff to?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Between supplying Isreal and Ukraine what do we have left for us?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UTex86] [#12]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:
View Quote

Diversity, the ultimate force multiplier.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Commando223:
Is there anyone else we can give stuff to?
View Quote
I'd settle for a Mk48 and some hand grenades.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Nothing

NO rifles, no missiles, no bombs, no planes..nothing.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Israel is surrounded by enemies and has known an attack was inevitable since the last war but they haven't stockpiled enough ordnance to fight against some two-bit terrorist group like Hamas?

No big deal, just send the bill to the American taxpayer like usual.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:01:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Israel is surrounded by enemies and has known an attack was inevitable since the last war but they haven't stockpiled enough ordnance to fight against some two-bit terrorist group like Hamas?

View Quote

It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Then Israel gets butt hurt when we have to repeatedly remind them that winning wars is not what we do. They will have to draw new lines and get on a payment plan for another 50 years of iron dome munitions.

If you want boom boom you learn to slow your roll, take a few falls and somehow achieve victory through less stability.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Fuck Iran
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
Israel has everything it needs for Gaza. The risk it faces is that if it gets tied up in Gaza then Iran, Hezbollah and Syria may use that opportunity to invade.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:19:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#20]
Are they buying it, or are we giving it to them? One bothers me a lot less than the other.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Jake Sullivan: "there has never been a greater friend to Israel than Joe Biden". Pathological = leftists + dems.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#22]
“Keep on rocking in the free world”
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:
Jake Sullivan: "there has never been a greater friend to Israel than Joe Biden". Pathological = leftists + dems.
View Quote

Correct.

Biden is trying to walk the right rope as finely as he can while appeasing both the pro Israel and anti Israel slices of the democrat party base.

It never works.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Biden is a first class dumbass - he has literally fucked up EVERYTHING that was going pretty darn good before he took office.

But that is the only thing he is really good at.

Trump achieved peace in the mid east.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:15:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Diversity, the ultimate force multiplier.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:09:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#26]
Wow that's really generous.

He just gave Ukraine sixty billion.

I'd rather see israel get the sixty billion and  let ukraine go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:20:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#28]
Why does the president have to ask for $1B when he spent $160B on student loans and $60B on Ukraine.

The President is either Congress or he's not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Just deport all the Palestinians to the USA problem solved...for Israel...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Paul:
Why does the president have to ask for $1B when he spent $160B on student loans and $60B on Ukraine.

The President is either Congress or he's not.
View Quote

Maybe he wants Congress to share the burden of the political fallout of the riots this will generate?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

View Quote

Scam similar to The Ukraine.

Do the math on weapons to the Ukes.  There is not enough land mass in Uke to physically locate $150 billion of weapons.  It's all a grift.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#32]

I bet less than a billy.

NUKE EVERYONE
View All Quotes

I bet less than a billy.

NUKE EVERYONE

Israel's stockpile range between 90 and 400 nuclear warheads, and the country is believed to possess the ability to deliver them in several methods, including by aircraft, as submarine-launched cruise missiles, and via the Jericho series of intermediate to intercontinental range ballistic missiles.

I wonder if Israel told Biden fine don't deliver weapons. If we start to lose we will just nuke the hell out of Islam.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:14:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Imzadi: Between supplying Isreal and Ukraine what do we have left for us?
View Quote
Best guess is we will get a few hundred thousand Palestinian expellees sent to us after they are ethnically cleansed from Gaza and Trail-of-Tearsed by creeping bombardment out through that port Biden had built off its coast.

• The Kingdom of France bankrupted itself paying for the American Revolution.

• George Washington said avoid entangling foreign alliances.

• Jonathan Pollard shitheels running this country, "Ah yes, all the billions!  Anything for my closest ally.  Anything for another dead Russian. Out source all the things to China.  Maybe another million immigrants this year.  Oh some of you don't like that?  Have some more legal marijuana."

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SnoGoRider:
The Biden administration notified Congress on Tuesday that it was moving forward with more than $1 billion in new weapons deals for Israel, U.S. and congressional officials said, a massive arms package less than a week after the White House paused a shipment of bombs over a planned Israeli assault on Rafah.

The latest weapons package includes the potential transfer of $700 million in tank ammunition, $500 million in tactical vehicles and $60 million in mortar rounds, the officials said. There are still additional steps before the weapons would be approved and delivered.

The decision to proceed with the approval process underscored the Biden administration’s reluctance to deepen its rift with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu over the Rafah operation by restricting longer-term weapons deals with its closest Middle East ally.

U.S. officials have stressed their opposition to a full-scale Israeli attack in the city, saying it could result in widespread civilian casualties and deepen Gaza’s humanitarian crisis without ending the threat Israel faces from Hamas. But they have registered their opposition so far only by withholding a single shipment of 2,000-pound bombs.

The first Minute is funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKiDvTPEhHM

https://www.wsj.com/politics/national-security/biden-moves-forward-on-1-billion-in-new-arms-for-israel-844b761c?mod=e2tw
View Quote

Those are rookie numbers. Don’t forget that Team Trump gave Israel $360 billion dollars at lightning speed back in 2017. But we are still waiting for the first Second Amendment Coalition meeting even if it’s held at a Holiday Inn conference room for 360 bucks…
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I was thinking the same thing.  Just doing a quick google search and the cost of a single no frills 81mm he round (I’m assuming the Izzy’s are using a mix of 60mm, 81mm and 120mm vehicle mounted mortars) costs around 600.00, this could be off so let’s just say an even 1k to make the math easier.  60,000,000 in just 81mm mortar rounds would be 60k mortar rounds.  That’s a lot of mortar fire for a small area Rafah is roughly 25 square miles which is the equivalent to a very small US town.  Max range of the 81mm mortar is (pending on type of round is between 3500 to 6500 meters.  That’s a shitload of mortar shells.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

I was thinking the same thing.  Just doing a quick google search and the cost of a single no frills 81mm he round (I’m assuming the Izzy’s are using a mix of 60mm, 81mm and 120mm vehicle mounted mortars) costs around 600.00, this could be off so let’s just say an even 1k to make the math easier.  60,000,000 in just 81mm mortar rounds would be 60k mortar rounds.  That’s a lot of mortar fire for a small area Rafah is roughly 25 square miles which is the equivalent to a very small US town.  Max range of the 81mm mortar is (pending on type of round is between 3500 to 6500 meters.  That’s a shitload of mortar shells.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fullautoguy:

How many indirect fire munitions would a US force use to assault an area occupied by non-combatants?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey Joe Biden, why on the show Star Trek, which has all people except Palestinians?

Joe Biden: because it takes place in the future.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Is there any evidence that he is not just emptying are stored arms stocks?
I hope this is all new product
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:51:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#41]
He has to do it, he's legal bound. The 2,000lb bombs are what they need to root these fuckers out. I'm surprised about the mortar rounds, that has to be for up north. I bet $60mil buys a lot of fucking mortar rounds. I think they use the mortars often on Hez.
Originally Posted By kychas:

Is there any evidence that he is not just emptying are stored arms stocks?
I hope this is all new product
View Quote

Fuck that, send them the old shit and replace ours with the fresh stuff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:07:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#42]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

Do the math on weapons to the Ukes.  There is not enough land mass in Uke to physically locate $150 billion of weapons.  It's all a grift.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xciapup:

My frustration.

I DO support sending material to Uke's to fight off Soviet expansionism - using their blood to do it rather than our own.  But the grift is just hard to swallow.  I don't know exactly how much grift there is, projections are highly dependent on the bias of the person doing the projection - but I'm certain there is some.  I'm fearful and suspect there's a fuck-load; I fear at the 50% or greater level - though have no basis other than their reputation of being pretty corrupt thieves doing fraud deals to pay off politicians.  the fact that those politicians were known to include the Biden family, doesn't help.  This isn't even controversial, it was known before the war even started.  Nancy Pelosi flying over there in her purple pant suit with a HUUGGEEEE fucking smile and a bunch of empty duffle bags, didn't help either.

Again, I DO support sending munitions to Uke's to fight heretofore unchecked Soviet expansion.  But ... Jesus, just how dirty is this?  And can we do this in a way to temper that please?

back to this post and your reply $60MM in mortar rounds.   I'd love to see an accounting of that, and the stacks of that many worth of Mortar rounds.  I have a sneeky suspicion, that photo is going to be a lot smaller than $60MM actually buys in mortar rounds.  And that's the small line-item; how about the rest please?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#43]

My frustration.

I DO support sending material to Uke's to fight off Soviet expansionism - using their blood to do it rather than our own.  But the grift is just hard to swallow.  I don't know exactly how much grift there is, projections are highly dependent on the bias of the person doing the projection - but I'm certain there is some.  I'm fearful and suspect there's a fuck-load; I fear at the 50% or greater level - though have no basis other than their reputation of being pretty corrupt thieves doing fraud deals to pay off politicians.  the fact that those politicians were known to include the Biden family, doesn't help.  This isn't even controversial, it was known before the war even started.  Nancy Pelosi flying over their in her purple pant suit with a HUUGGEEEE fucking smile and a bunch of empty duffle bags, didn't help either.

Again, I DO support sending munitions to Uke's to fight heretofore unchecked Soviet expansion.  But ... Jesus, just how dirty is this?  And can we do this in a way to temper that please?

back to this post and your reply $60MM in mortar rounds.   I'd love to see an accounting of that, and the stacks of that many worth of Mortar rounds.  I have a sneeky suspicion, that photo is going to be a lot smaller than $60MM actually buys in mortar rounds.  And that's the small line-item; how about the rest please?
View Quote

Arfcom needs a community notes system so this post could have one explaining about how the USSR has been defunct for a long time, actually the same amount of time the current country called Ukraine has existed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:12:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Good
View Quote

Agreed.  

It should be more.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Nah just send in some air and land drones to push them out of there.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#46]
well, there goes Michigan.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:17:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cash50:

Nah just send in some air and land drones to push them out of there.
View Quote

Where are they supposed to go?

No need to answer, we already know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Israel finally agreed to 10% for the big guy?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Delete a major threat to who?

The ones that are a threat to the US are already here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:19:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Arfcom needs a community notes system so this post could have one explaining about how the USSR has been defunct for a long time, actually the same amount of time the current country called Ukraine has existed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

My frustration.

I DO support sending material to Uke's to fight off Soviet expansionism - using their blood to do it rather than our own.  But the grift is just hard to swallow.  I don't know exactly how much grift there is, projections are highly dependent on the bias of the person doing the projection - but I'm certain there is some.  I'm fearful and suspect there's a fuck-load; I fear at the 50% or greater level - though have no basis other than their reputation of being pretty corrupt thieves doing fraud deals to pay off politicians.  the fact that those politicians were known to include the Biden family, doesn't help.  This isn't even controversial, it was known before the war even started.  Nancy Pelosi flying over their in her purple pant suit with a HUUGGEEEE fucking smile and a bunch of empty duffle bags, didn't help either.

You do realize Putin is rebuilding the Soviet Union, right?  Hence the whole concern about the Ukrainian/Georgian/etc invasion thing, where he keeps invading and gobbling up pieces or inserting puppet governments under gun-fire, and everyone up until now has said "he'll stop now, we have peace in our time".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top