Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/6/2024 5:42:18 PM EDT
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, San Francisco. Later as an adult I lived in Crockett, which is a beautiful little coastal Bay Area town. Even in Crockett the housing was expensive.

When my girlfriend, now wife, and I moved in together, the cheapest thing we could find for ourselves was in Vallejo, which is super busy, super violent. But that's what we could afford, even though I was a manager at a granite shop and my wife was working as an esthetician.

During COVID, we got sucked into "Yellowstone," watched the whole series, and decided to book a trip to Montana in February 2022 just to see how it is.

We stayed in West Yellowstone and had a blast here. One of the days, I decided to look for a job, just to see who was hiring and what they were willing to pay. I googled a couple of granite spots and a company was hiring in Bozeman. I went in for an interview. They asked me, "What will it take for you to move up here?"

They were willing to pay me my $89,000 a year salary plus moving costs, plus a deposit on the place we rented.

From March to April, within a month, I got the job, we rented the house, and we packed up and moved here.

View Quote

moar
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Those two are probably leftists...

...bummer for y'all in Montana
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Good for him. Hope he’s not a lunatic leftist

And, inb4 the rage
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RIP-Yataski:

View Quote
bozeman's a shithole full of leftist cunts, flatlanders, texans, and/or californians.

y'all can have bozeman.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
About 5 years back when my son was still young enough that we were bringing him to local preschool activities, he made friends with a kid whose family had just moved up from the Bay area. The dad was a stay at home dad and seemed alright, we hung out and bullshitted while the kids did their thing.

Important to the story: we live in a rural area where nothing really goes on. It's very quiet, there's very little to do unless you drive a half hour or so off of the peninsula to get into some activities and retail areas.

So one day the guy tells me they're looking at moving. I'm like, shit you guys just moved here a year ago. "Yeah the wife doesn't like it, she's bored, not enough restaurants and activities for her to do, and there's no public transit here and she doesn't like to drive."

Find out they are looking at houses in Seattle - of course. I ask where. Columbia City. Oh... "Hey you guys know that's a high crime area right? Yeah you might find some deals there but that's because it sucks."

"Doesn't matter she already made up her mind."

So they end up buying a place in the shittiest neighborhood of Seattle, going right back to square one, because the guy's wife couldn't handle living in a quiet, crime and drama free area where there weren't enough coffee shops, hip dining locations, and other typical women shit within distance of public transit, and guy couldn't put his foot down.

His disappointment was palpable, moving from one crappy city suburb right back into another.

Women making poor life decisions and weak men enabling them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mancat:
About 5 years back when my son was still young enough that we were bringing him to local preschool activities, he made friends with a kid whose family had just moved up from the Bay area. The dad was a stay at home dad and seemed alright, we hung out and bullshitted while the kids did their thing.

Important to the story: we live in a rural area where nothing really goes on. It's very quiet, there's very little to do unless you drive a half hour or so off of the peninsula to get into some activities and retail areas.

So one day the guy tells me they're looking at moving. I'm like, shit you guys just moved here a year ago. "Yeah the wife doesn't like it, she's bored, not enough restaurants and activities for her to do, and there's no public transit here and she doesn't like to drive."

Find out they are looking at houses in Seattle - of course. I ask where. Columbia City. Oh... "Hey you guys know that's a high crime area right? Yeah you might find some deals there but that's because it sucks."

So they end up buying a place in the shittiest neighborhood of Seattle, going right back to square one, because the guy's wife couldn't handle living in a quiet, crime and drama free area where there weren't enough coffee shops, hip dining locations, and other typical women shit within distance of public transit, and guy couldn't put his foot down.

His disappointment was palpable, moving from one crappy city suburb right back into another.

View Quote

White suburban women will be the death of this country.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:23:15 PM EDT
[#6]
They are flooding into western SD now too. Lots of out of state plates bouncing around all year long.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Pay wall so I couldn't read the rest but moving from the Bay Area to Bozeman for an $89k/year job isn't much of a better choice...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By North_42:
Pay wall so I couldn't read the rest but moving from the Bay Area to Bozeman for an $89k/year job isn't much of a better choice...
View Quote

...they left Vallejo.  I've not been to Bozeman but it'd have to be pretty bad to be worse than Vallejo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#10]
What is BI?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
bozeman's a shithole full of leftist cunts, flatlanders, texans, and/or californians.

y'all can have bozeman.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]

y'all can have bozeman.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

y'all can have bozeman.

been that way since the 70s.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Montana? I bet after the first two winters they will say fuck this I'm out!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#14]

y'all can have bozeman.
View All Quotes

y'all can have bozeman.

Me'all?...

...thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#15]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, San Francisco. Later as an adult I lived in Crockett, which is a beautiful little coastal Bay Area town. Even in Crockett the housing was expensive.

When my girlfriend, now wife, and I moved in together, the cheapest thing we could find for ourselves was in Vallejo, which is super busy, super violent. But that's what we could afford, even though I was a manager at a granite shop and my wife was working as an esthetician.

During COVID, we got sucked into "Yellowstone," watched the whole series, and decided to book a trip to Montana in February 2022 just to see how it is.

We stayed in West Yellowstone and had a blast here. One of the days, I decided to look for a job, just to see who was hiring and what they were willing to pay. I googled a couple of granite spots and a company was hiring in Bozeman. I went in for an interview. They asked me, "What will it take for you to move up here?"

They were willing to pay me my $89,000 a year salary plus moving costs, plus a deposit on the place we rented.

From March to April, within a month, I got the job, we rented the house, and we packed up and moved here.

View Quote
https://i.insider.com/6632bad70dfb1341e9018f60?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

moar
View Quote
I notice that you like SF
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I recently figured out “big shooter” - it is a driveup coffee shack in Belgrade MT (next door to Bozeman)
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By realwar:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]

y'all can have bozeman.
View All Quotes

y'all can have bozeman.

I thought that was your dream destination.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]

y'all can have bozeman.
View Quote

But they still have a Pickle Barrel…
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#21]

I keep reading on here that it was SIMPs but, like all the other acronyms in use now, not sure what that is…
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By realwar:
View Quote
yes indeedy.

one of the reasons i fell in love with the big sky country are the bad winters.

keeps the population low, keeps the riff raff out.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:55:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By XJ:
I recently figured out "big shooter" - it is a driveup coffee shack in Belgrade MT (next door to Bozeman)
View Quote
does belgrade and/or BZN have any bikini barista covfefe places?

asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

I thought that was your dream destination.
View Quote
negative.

i like going to BZN for work when someone else is paying.

wood never want to actually live there.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Wonder if they know what Montana winters are like?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Frank_B:
Wonder if they know what Montana winters are like?
View Quote
dood's gonna find out most ricky tick.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
https://i.insider.com/6632bad70dfb1341e9018f60?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

moar
View Quote
It doesn't matter if you're a good transplant or not.

Transplants = growth.

Growth = cultural change and loss of undeveloped regions.

This is why people in heavy growth states are still not really going to like you unreservedly, especially those who are lifers and have watched sprawl cover the areas they used to love to go out in.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I graduated from Bozeman, still have a home in Laurel...cant afford to live there though. I love the winters.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By samsgreen50:
I graduated from Bozeman, still have a home in Laurel...cant afford to live there though. I love the winters.
View Quote
couple jobs back my boss had a little ranch in laurel.

i kinda like it out there.

not sure what that says about me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By samsgreen50:
View Quote

I got a flat tire in Laurel the other day.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:34:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bosshoff] [#32]

Originally Posted By sslocal:

Repeal whatever thing it was that gave women the ability to vote...

As a casual fu to folks that feel they are smart, once they speak about repealing the 2nd amendment, I whole-heartingly agree about how flawed the amendents are, and the need to eliminate the suffrage of women, and dump the 19th as well.  😜
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:35:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gtdhw] [#33]
WTF is "BI:"?

ETA: Nevermind. Got it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Welp there it is..

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: McGuy] [#35]

View Quote

@mancat is Seabeck Pizza still there/awesome?

eta- and is Bainbridge still infested with pretentious cunts?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#36]
89k in Bozeman? It would be tough on 189k.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:11:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Red_Label] [#37]
$89K in Bozeman isn't shit.

Just drove back through there a few hours ago. Saw a 2nd gen Ford GT40 painted in throwback Gulf Oil colors (ala the LeMans Ferrari-beaters) headed west on I90. Pretty damn cool. And no doubt worth some money.

GO BOBCATS!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#38]
I just want to say I know where Crockett is, used to ride my motorcycle through the country over to Crockett and Port Chicago.  There's no open farmland there anymore so it wouldn't be a nice bike ride today.

There used to be a lady in Crockett who handmade leather riding gear.  She would measure you like you were being fitted for suit but her material of choice was leather.  I am sure she has passed by now but she had a booming business making gear for all the bikers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#39]
"Granite"

Reppin his SF gear, acting like he isn't a connect anymore

Stay ghetto, Bay Area
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:15:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:
89k in Bozeman? It would be tough on 189k.
View Quote

Can't be nearly as bad as 89k in California LOL

Study: The hardest place to save money in America is in Southern California, but it’s not L.A.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:38:20 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Given the gun laws in WA now, moving  from CA to WA is just downgrading from nice to shit weather. He would have been better off staying in CA.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like Montana just got two new Democrat voters.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

Just drove back through there a few hours ago. Saw a 2nd gen Ford GT40 painted in throwback Gulf Oil colors (ala the LeMans Ferrari-beaters) headed west on I90. Pretty damn cool. And no doubt worth some money.

GO BOBCATS!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32329/BOBCATS_jpg-3207580.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32329/gulf-oil-2006-ford-gt-heritage-is-virtua-3207587.JPG

View Quote

Gulf Livery is the color that car belongs in!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:05:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Parasites...all of them....every single one of them.

Beth Takes Down Bar Patron | Yellowstone | Paramount Network

Beth says it right.

I visit my uncle Laszlo in Hamilton every summer and every single transplants is like this guy on yellowstone.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:05:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Up yours fuckface.  Leave.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I had to make appx. 3000 of them happy per year decade after decade.  Highest friction on the planet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Red_Label:

GO BOBCATS!!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32329/BOBCATS_jpg-3207580.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32329/gulf-oil-2006-ford-gt-heritage-is-virtua-3207587.JPG

View Quote

Go Griz

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:36:10 PM EDT
[#48]

asking for a friend.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XJ:
I recently figured out "big shooter" - it is a driveup coffee shack in Belgrade MT (next door to Bozeman)

asking for a friend.

Probably not, but there's the Three Forks "Ballet" to the West.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:40:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 49north] [#49]

Go Griz.  Bozeman sucks, weather is too much like Billings. Give me the Banana Belt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:

I had to make appx. 3000 of them happy per year decade after decade.  Highest friction on the planet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:

Don't blame the women. Responsibility lies with the men.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top