Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Here is what I sent to my 2 senators.  With slight wording changes I sent the same to my rep.

rj

Senator Chambliss,

The United States of America and her citizens are under siege by countless numbers of illegal aliens. The estimates run from 11 million to over 20 million. I would not be at all surprised that if a sweeping amnesty bill was passed we would see 25 million or more come out of the woodwork.

These people are part of an industry that is vital to the survival of their nation supplying the major portion of the nation's foreign currency. The industry is illegal immigration and their nation is Mexico. It is by design of the Mexican government that these people are here. Without the remittances the illegals send home Mexico would be in worse shape than it is already. Everyone with any eye for what is happening can see that Mexico needs to modernize it's laws and eliminate corruption so that business can have a chance to thrive and create jobs for Mexicans. This is very hard to accomplish and would take a long time. It is far easier to send millions of Mexicans to America illegally and have them send money back to Mexico to keep the country and it's ruling elite afloat.

I call on you and your fellow Senators to adopt HR4437 and do not dilute it's content or insert any guest worker program. The USA will have to develop the ability to effectively secure it's southern border before any guest worker program can be instituted. Until the border can be controlled our southern neighbor will continue to take advantage of the American worker and taxpayer.

Our leaders should call on the government of Mexico to reform instead of Mexico calling for reforms by the US government. I think it is absurd that a country as lawless and corrupt as Mexico should be calling for the US to change it's laws so as to accomodate Mexican wishes. The images of many thousands of people marching in American cities and waving MEXICAN flags should be enough to make any patriotic American  pause and think before acting to accomodate these individuals.

I think that any perusal of the available information shows that the illegal immigrant does not help the American economy. When you take into account their costs to hospitals, schools, the judicial system [ nearly a third of federal prisoners are illegals ], local law enforcement, etc a person cannot come up with any other conclusion than the illegal alien presence in America is a tremendous burden on the American taxpayer. When you look at the number of deaths directly attributable to illegal aliens it becomes a travesty since these people should not even be here in the first place.

Thank You
 rjay

Here is the reply I received from Senator Chambliss :

Dear Mr. rjay:

Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on
immigration and securing our borders.  It is good to hear from you
on this important issue.

The immigration problem in our country is getting more
and more out of control and must be solved.  To address this
problem we must secure our borders and establish a
comprehensive measure to deal with the illegal immigrants
currently in our country without providing amnesty.  

The Department of Labor estimates there are between 8 and
13 million illegal immigrants in our country.  The fact that the
Department's estimate reflects an uncertainty of 5 million people is
evidence of the size of the illegal immigration problem our country
is facing.  During my eleven-year tenure in both the House and
Senate, I have focused much of my attention on the issue of
immigration.  During the 108th Congress, as the Chairman of the
Senate Judiciary's Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security,
and Citizenship, I held numerous hearings to highlight the
problems associated with illegal immigration and introduced
legislation to reform and strengthen our immigration laws.

My first priority is to secure our borders.  It is simply an
issue of national security to know who is coming into this country
and for what purpose.  If we are not able to better secure our
borders, it does not matter what reforms Congress makes to our
immigration system.  

I am pleased that Congress approved important funding for
the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to
improve security for our nation's borders in the FY 2007
Homeland Security Appropriations bill. This funding provides $5.9
billion for the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection and $3.8
billion for the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  
This funding is going directly to those responsible for decreasing
the number of illegal immigrants in or attempting to get into our
country.  The legislation also authorizes 1,000 new border patrol
agents to be placed on our borders, in addition to the 500
additional agents approved earlier this year.

The homeland security funding bill also authorizes the
DHS to hire 300 new immigration/customs investigators and 460
new enforcement agents.  This is in addition to the 168 agents
authorized earlier this year, further increasing the number of
individuals charged with apprehending the illegal immigrants
present in our country.  Overall, this bill funds 12,500 border patrol
agents, 18,200 customs and border protection officers, and nearly
6,100 criminal investigators for customs and immigration.  It also
provides for 1,300 deportation officers and nearly 2,700
immigration enforcement agents and detention officers. Not only
did this bill provide for additional personnel to secure our borders,
it also provided important funding to train our immigration
enforcement officials so we can continue to place qualified officers
on our border.  While this legislation is an important step in
securing our borders, there is much more to be done.

On December 13, 2005, I introduced legislation that
mandates the Secretary of Homeland Security to establish and
present to Congress a comprehensive plan to gain operational
control of our borders and provide real enforcement of our borders
and provide real enforcement of our immigration laws.  My
legislation provides for interim measures to be put into place to
enhance our border security until such time as the Secretary of
Homeland Security presents and Congress approves his
comprehensive plan.  One of the interim measures in my
legislation, S. 2087, requires the Secretary of DHS, in
collaboration with the Secretary of Defense, to develop and
implement a plan to provide military support to civilian law
enforcement agencies, including the use of unmanned aerial
vehicles, surveillance equipment, and other equipment of the
Department of Defense, to assist the surveillance activities at and
near the United States border.  Another requirement of this
legislation is from 2007 to 2011, the amount of positions for full-
time, active duty Customs and Border Protection Officers increase
by no less than 250 officers per year.    

Thank you for taking the time to contact me.  As your
United States Senator, I will do all I can to see that Congress
establishes a comprehensive solution to the illegal immigration
problem facing our country.  As always, I appreciate hearing from
you. Additionally, if you would like to receive timely e-mail alerts
regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-
newsletter, please sign up via my web site at:
www.chambliss.senate.gov.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
CAPITOL TOLL-FREE SWITCHBOARD: (888) 355-3588
Call Your Senators & Representatives TODAY - 24hr line.

I called Senator Kyl's office to ask his position on the issue - the staffer said he has a separate "guest-worker" plan that requires that all illegals leave the country before they can apply for a guest-worker visa.

I told the staffer that was illogical and unenforceable and that if any illegals don't want to leave - we're just back to where we started.

I told them that we oppose ANY kind of "guest-worker" plan.

*** I also asked if they were getting a lot of calls on this and she laughed and said "Oh yeah, we're getting a LOT of calls on this". I asked what the breakdown was on the calls they've been getting and she said it's been mostly what my position was, no guest worker plan of any kind.

SO GET OFF YOUR ASS, GET IN YOUR SENATORS EAR AND MAKE A LOT OF NOISE!!!  

Tell your Senator to vote NO on ANY "guest worker" plan for illegal aliens, even the "compromise" plans!!!

VOTE NO ON ANY "GUEST-WORKER" PLAN FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!

*** Stand up for the rule of law!

*** Do NOT reward law-breakers while HONEST immigrants follow the rules, pass the medical tests, pay their dues and wait patiently for years for the PRIVILEGE to work here!

*** Do NOT fall for the big lie that Americans won't work basic-skill jobs!

*** Americans DID all these jobs before there were 15 million illegal aliens working for sub-minimum wage!

*** Illegal immigrants AND the employers that hire them are keeping wages for these jobs too low and THAT is a crime against ALL low-income Americans and HONEST immigrants!

*** Defend our borders and punish law-breakers - both illegal immigrants AND those that hire them!

*** We are a nation that follows the rule of law, not the will of screaming law-breakers marching under another nation's flag!

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
This whole thing is going to come down to the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep Squeaking!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to see any sort of illegal alien SSA fraud or other form of fake ID fraud made a felony .

rj
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've recieved only 1 reply and it was from Senator Frist.

same here..

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding comprehensive immigration reform. It is an honor to serve you as the Majority Leader of the United States Senate and a privilege to respond to your concerns.

Today there are 10 to 12 million undocumented aliens living in the United States, and many Americans believe that our immigration policies are in need of serious review. As a nation of immigrants who honor the rule of law, I believe we must make it a priority to secure our borders as a part of any effort to reform our immigration policies.

In order to address this issue I have introduced S. 2454, the Securing America’s Border Act, a billion-dollar down payment that focuses on border security and interior law enforcement and will enable the Senate to pursue comprehensive immigration reform. My proposal will add resources to border protection, give our immigration-enforcement officials new legal tools, invest in physical barriers and electronic surveillance equipment at the borders and make it easier for employers to ensure that they hire only citizens and legal residents. We need to make these investments because maintaining a secure border ranks among the most fundamental missions of any sovereign nation

While our country needs security at our borders in order to slow the flow of illegal immigration and enhance our national security, we still need to do more. A majority of the people who enter America illegally, after all, come here to work. Among other things, the full Senate will need to address ways we can balance security interests with our economy's labor needs. In the long term, our government needs to work on policies that encourage democracy and prosperity abroad which will also address our immigration crisis by reducing the number of people who feel that coming to the United States is their only option.

Let me be clear, I do not support amnesty, but I do understand the labor challenges facing our nation, and, as Majority Leader, I will continue to work with my colleagues to address this critical problem in the 109th Congress. On the basis of sound immigration policy, we can protect our borders, and continue to welcome legal immigrants, and in doing both we will improve the lives of all Americans.

Sincerely,

William H. Frist, M.D.
Majority Leader
United States Senate

P.S. Please visit http://frist.senate.gov to register for my e-mail newsletter.

That the one?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Frist is a sellout.  The only labor challenge we face in this country is the unwillingness of corporate America to pay an decent wage.

Senator Sessions said on Lou Dobbs that the price tag on the 'senate compromise' would be well over $1bil a year.  For that much money we could easily round up all the illegals and deport them AND secure the border.

rj
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:45:03 AM EDT
[#8]
BUMP!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#9]
tag
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to BigBang for digging up this thread and trying to make me look stupid in the Team Forum, it's a good thread with some excellent info and today of all days everybody should contact your congress critters.

However, stop abusing the the IM system!!!!!!!!!!!! (no it's not The_Macallan or BigBang)
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 1:28:58 PM EDT
[#11]
May Day bump.

Link Posted: 5/1/2006 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#12]
DONE!
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#13]
DONE!
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
bump for a great cause!
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]
done..

Ok my way of demonstrating will be to not to spend my money here in socal to those businesses who closed today and are supporting the criminals who disregard our laws and expect free healthcare and education.
They will impact the economy today , but for me i will impact their profit margins for as long as they support criminal behavior.

meat
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Consider writing your letter and then wrapping it around a brick before sending it.

Really.

If you havn't already, take a look at send-a-brick.com
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top