Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2020 5:08:23 AM EDT
I recently got an ACR stock to put on my Bren 2 SBR using the Dan Haga adapter which requires removing the factory end plate.

It came as a surprise to me that there was a spring inside the hinge.

My worry is that there might have been something else in there as well that was ejected by the spring that I didn't notice, some kind of detent or something.

The ACR manual seems to be MIA from the Bushmaster website so I can't check the diagrams.

Can anyone set my mind at ease that I didn't lose any parts?
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it is just the spring and the big roll pin.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only the spring and roll pin, they never released a diagram for the stocks and handguards.  Those parts were sold as a complete piece.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Just a spring.

One of my recent production, black ACR stocks did not have a spring in the hinge.

Anyone know what size roll pin is used?  Id like a spare as one of my stocks has a rather beat up roll pin after I removed a KDG Scar adapter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d have to check but it’s pretty large.  I’m gonna buy a bag of those pins pretty soon for a couple projects.  It’s something like 2.5 inches long with a 3/16 diameter
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigdog200399:
I’d have to check but it’s pretty large.  I’m gonna buy a bag of those pins pretty soon for a couple projects.  It’s something like 2.5 inches long with a 3/16 diameter
View Quote

Did you ever nail down a size on these things?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

Did you ever nail down a size on these things?
View Quote

Just went and pounded one out I had lying around waiting for an MP5 adapter.

2.25” long. Caliper measured it at .195X inches thick, I assume it was .2” before being compressed the first time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AzAgLover:

Just went and pounded one out I had lying around waiting for an MP5 adapter.

2.25” long. Caliper measured it at .195X inches thick, I assume it was .2” before being compressed the first time.
View Quote

Thanks bud.
Top Top