Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2023 10:44:33 PM EDT
So yeah. Proud new owner, and I wanna do some dumb shit with this rifle.

The first thing I want to do is to drop into some kind of chassis or stock- and my primary concern here is something that I could run a clip-on with.

I see some stuff out there (looking at you, MDT) that gets advertised for the "Ruger 77"- but I do know that that the 77/44 is a little on the weird side, particularly with that magazine. Does anyone know of some aftermarket chassis or stock for the 77/44, particularly one that would allow a NV Bridge or other way to run clip-ons?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there's much in the way of aftermarket for them.  I LOVE mine, but it's stock, just tossed on a Leupold 1x4.  Love it though, great brush gun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea the 77/44 is kinda a niche gun. Intended as a short/handy "bush gun" for close range deer hunting. Hence the limited round capacity and lack of aftermarket support. It is also a low production gun.
44 mag bolt actions are not a popular thing. Most people who want a 44 mag carbine buy a lever gun. Higher capacity and faster to operate.

So pretty much you are going to be on your own trying to make what you want.

Having said all that, I just bought one myself. (has not shipped yet). It is a older used one someone has already cut the barrel down to 16 inch and threaded it.
I was wanting something 44 mag, threaded for suppressor use, manually operated (bolt or lever), but here is the kicker, I specifically wanted a wood stock!
That severely limited my options, as factory threaded wood stock lever guns do not seem to be made.
New production 77/44's with the factory threaded barrels are rare as hens teeth and $1300+

So my options were buy a henry x model and buy a wood stock set for it (big$$), or buy a used 77/44 and have it threaded. I lucked out and found one already threaded for $950.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:02:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rgaper] [#3]
OP, I have a 77/17 which apparently was designed off of the 77/44.  I use it for nighttime predator hunting in areas where center fire is no-go.  I can verify what was stated above after looking on my own.  Definitely interested to hear what you come up with.
Top Top