Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By radtrad:
https://i.postimg.cc/3J7ksPLt/bowhunt-bike2023.jpg
Pivot 429
No elk, but I did have a good though unsuccessful stalk on a mulie later that day.
View Quote

Well that's cool... How do you carry the meat home though?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
I ordered a (I think the last) size 2 GG front triangle from Canfield...

I have a size 3, and per them its the correct size (5'10) but it always seemed a bit... unwieldy, like I really should have gone with the size 2 from the start.. the price for that last front triangle was too good to pass up. I stocked up on the hardware kits also.
View Quote

I realized i haven't updated since this post.

The change to size 2 is awesome,  i also reduced fork travel from 180 to 160mm. Steepening up the head angle at the same time.

I also threw on a set of five dev 155 cranks.

Huge difference,  totally love this set up now, totally different and more playfull bike.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 6:05:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

I realized i haven't updated since this post.

The change to size 2 is awesome,  i also reduced fork travel from 180 to 160mm. Steepening up the head angle at the same time.

I also threw on a set of five dev 155 cranks.

Huge difference,  totally love this set up now, totally different and more playfull bike.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317810/1000007286_jpg-3214254.JPG
View Quote

Nice, I've gone the opposite way, going up in frame size, and way happier.  Whatever works. I still can't fathom 155s though, that's crazy!

My next project.

Trek full stache frame.
I had a Krampus 29+ that I used to love, but then got into Enduro/DH and sold it to fund a race bike. In that time 27.5/+ came and went and while I never liked 27+, I always felt 29+ had some potential for certain things.

Price was right,  XL, I have to try it. Should be a beast uphill if nothing else.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top