Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2023 9:23:46 PM EDT
My house is to small o run my slash inside.
So my wife is getting me a Traxxas 1/18 Cheyenne high trails.   I figure I can drive the rc around the house with out issues.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
X-Ray M18T

Been on an X-ray buy lately, picking up the M18 series (electric) and the NT18s (nitro vehicles).

Back in high school, when I was running the original Mini-T, I used to want the X-rays so bad, but I didn't have the money for them.

Currently working on converting a M18MT (Electric Monster Truck) into a 4WD crawler. Have been a bit inventive to get what I need done, as these were originally more of a race truck.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone gave me an OG Precision Aerobatics Addiction. It just needs batteries and a receiver.

It had some damage and hangar rash, so I took the covering off and repaired everything, and have been recovering it.

Pic of uncovered 3D plane

I used to hack around in Real Flight G2 with the fun fly planes but haven't been much of a 3D guy IRL.

Supposedly this thing flys really well, it is pretty sturdy yet light...
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I already have too many so don't need another one. Actually looking to offload some. I always need parts though. My son seems to be getting more interested in them so might get him a mid teir buggy or basher something.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the 1/5 Kraton 8S EXB on my list. I doubt I'll get it though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought myself a Turbo Optima Gold that I plan to build while I recover from surgery.  My son is getting a Tamiya TT-02D kit so I'll be assisting him building that one too.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought a RC10 classic clear
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:59:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grizz272] [#7]
The wife wants to go shopping at the store next door to the Hobby shop.   Boy did I get the stink eye when I mentioned I would have to stop in the Hobby store.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 1:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mugzilla:
One for me, one for my kid:

$82

Laegendary 1:10 ... brushed motor.  F it. It's $82.
View Quote

Dude for $18 more you can get a real branded R/C. Arrma has the Vorteks 4x2 for $99.
Link Posted: 12/12/2023 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking of buying myself a nice slope glider.

Then I decided to start cleaning and organizing my shop.  As part of that I started an airplane kit inventory.

I gotta sell some planes.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I was watching some YouTube of 1/8 scale RC Cat D11 last night.

Never should have looked up the pricing.

If I ever win the lottery.............
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 2:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DarthGrind] [#12]
I'm tempted to sell my Limitless, and get an HPI Baja 1/5 scale buggy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
So I lied and picked up another Goosky S2.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#14]
So would have to be a present to myself.
But maybe a Proboat Swift boat.  

And maybe a short kit from Manzano laser works.  ive been wanting the Macchi 205 balsa kit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I have bitched about quads in a few threads - but realized my research was faulty in several respects.  I have flown Blade Inductrix (probably in 2018) - but did not realize it had an acro mode that would actually make it fly, rather than fly itself (based on where you told it to go).  I knew Tiny Whoops existed - did not realize they started out as Blade Inductrix quads with a nano FPV system glued on top.

Anyway, getting modern incarnations of the Inductrix (better frames, better flight controller, better radio system, and brushless motors - not a Blade part left on them for generations) in FPV (Tiny Whoops).  Getting a 65mm analog and a 75mm digital.  Eventually, will use the digital googles for an FPV plane.  Oh, the Tiny Whoops are tiny - about 1/5 the FCC weight limit for license free flight.  Even the larger one with digital is under 2oz.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#17]
The dog was not impressed when the High trail  Chevy delivered his new chew toy to him with the lights on.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife volunteered to build a obstacle course for me to drive over with the Cheyenne high trails I received for Christmas.  I told her thanks and started having fun.   She can be a devious wench some times.  She attack the high trail with a full auto Nerf-gun as I was driving the course.  Then she lost 4 of the nerf darts.
It was fun watching her get hit by the ricochets.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

Then I decided to start cleaning and organizing my shop.  As part of that I started an airplane kit inventory.

View Quote

There's always RCGroups classifieds. I am shocked at the money some kits go for.

I 3d print my heavier slopers. 3D printed sloping goodness

My Christmas plane is mostly covered, I need to finish the fuselage, reinstall the radio gear, and re-rig it. I doubt it will turn me into Quique Somezini overnight though.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Not Christmas but I just picked up a Kraton EXB 8s.

It's Large.

Link Posted: 1/14/2024 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By flynbenny:

There's always RCGroups classifieds. I am shocked at the money some kits go for.

My Christmas plane is mostly covered, I need to finish the fuselage, reinstall the radio gear, and re-rig it. I doubt it will turn me into Quique Somezini overnight though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flynbenny:
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

A buddy of mine loves printing his slope and EDF stuff.  I was about 3/4 through a Roughen and kinda gave up.

I am pretty sure if I listed all of my kits on RCG at once it would crash the market.  
Top Top