Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2023 8:46:13 PM EDT
And I got it all put together.
I took it on a short ride around the neighborhood just to make sure everything works, and it does but I need to make one small adjustment on the rear derailleur to get the shifting perfect (a simple task).
It's an Aventon Level.2, and the first e-bike I have ever ridden.
I'll still ride my Specialized mountain bike for those dedicated rides though.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That should be a hoot.  I rode one, it’ll spoil ya.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Sky] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
That should be a hoot.  I rode one, it'll spoil ya.
View Quote
Yeah, I can see that coming.
I'm 67 years old and my technical mountain bike riding is getting harder and harder on me...
I'm not giving up, but I am also looking forward to Rails-To-Trails riding on the E-Bike.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I wished my Giant Anthem was an EBike...
If I ever buy another, it will be an EBike.

Link Posted: 5/24/2023 1:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIG-DUKE-6] [#4]
I’m absolutely loving mine.  My average speed is 12 mph.  That’s crazy fast on trails
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:34:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_Sky] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BIG-DUKE-6:
I'm absolutely loving mine.  My average speed is 12 mph.  That's crazy fast on trailshttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/389087/70605068250__29BA6849-DA39-4D7C-96B9-CD7-2827490.jpg
View Quote
I just did my first quicky 13 mile ride from my house to a local park lake, 13 miles round trip.
I had a cheap video camera mounted to my handle bars and I'm uploading the un-edited hour-long video to YouTube now.
It was a good ride, and I did it after I had just taken my dog on a 4-mile hike around the same lake.
For those that are interested, I'll post a YouTube video link shortly (just in case you are bored and need to watch something to put you to sleep...).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2023 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The most fun I've ever had on a bike, and I've been riding bikes for fun since 1995, was the five minutes I spent test riding an electric bike.  Not sure I'll buy one because the way I ride doesn't warrant it right now, but maybe in the future I'll take the plunge.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched a Youtube recently of a guy taking one of these out in the desert rock hunting.  Pretty impressive battery life... I was sure he was going to end up pushing that sucker back after a day bouncing around the desert rocks, but nope made it out and back just fine.
Top Top