Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 999monkeys] [#2]
There is some truth to this.

Everyone I know who has gotten divorced, both man and woman lost weight and got in better shape than they were going into it.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cih9330:
What is with you guys with fat people I wish that was all I had to think about
View Quote

They have 2-3x's the carbon footprint of a skinny person???
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#4]

42-39-56
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
The craziest thing about wives getting chubby is child birth. My wife had 3 natural births and got back down to her pre pregnancy weight of 105# within 6 months.

Other women never lose the baby weight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:15:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#6]
Originally Posted By 999monkeys:

Everyone I know who has gotten divorced, both man and woman lost weight and got in better shape than they were going into it.

View Quote

I'll admit it, being married I feel more comfortable and satisfied, gotten lazy, and I have put on weight myself.  When you throw in work life getting busy plus kids that will also limit the time/energy for doing things like working out.  The one factor ignored by the article is that as people age they slow down which is why the Tyson Paul fight Jake Paul is given the edge.  Moving slower and not changing your diet will cause a person to gain weight. Those are 4 major things working against someone staying thin.

Blaming the spouse or partner though is a bullshit excuse.  I'm the reason I put on weight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought size 32 pants so that I could comfortably carry a sidearm. 4 hours a week of MMA and several days of running, and I’ve had to drill 2 new holes in my belt and can now my zipped and buttoned pants straight down even wearing a gun.

I still feel fat though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:39:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#8]

View Quote

........... also a sure sign a wife is possibly cheating is a sudden improvement in wardrobe and reduction in dress size.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
its the crap food full of chemicals and sugar..

the bulk of our society is turning into land whales  and amorphous asexual blobs
View Quote

I eat like shit and can’t gain weight.

Americans, on average, are lazy fucks and that’s why they’re fat.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

When you throw in work life getting busy plus kids that will also limit the time/energy for doing things like working out.    Moving slower and not changing your diet will cause a person to gain weight.

Blaming the spouse or partner though is a bullshit excuse.  I'm the reason I put on weight.
View Quote

Thing is you don't have to work out or go to the gym to lose/maintain weight which is why I kind of squint when people throw in work life and kids. Parents of the pre-obese era didn't seem to have a problem staying thin ............ but that was a time when fast food was a treat and not part of the food pyramid.

From the childs perspective it's not entirely bullshit to blame a spouse as children are fed what the parents prefer or are accomodated with whatever crap food they want. The chances of an obese child is much higher if the parents are obese, especially the mother. It's a conditioned environment and unfortunately a lifestyle the children will likely never change as they age.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:34:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I like my women w some junk. Round ass n big tits.  Better for pounding.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By NotIssued:

"Baby weight" is an excuse to indulge in gluttony.

They push out 7lbs of baby, 2 of water and maybe 2 of placenta.  They have a little extra blood for themselves.

Over 20 lbs of weight gain is really just over-eating.  Want proof?  Find me a fat Amish woman.  10+ kids and skinny as a rail.
View Quote
Pregnant has turned into an excuse to eat like  an elephant for a lot of women. My wife I hates when she hears the "I'm eating for two" BS. She gain a bit after kids, but not a ton. When I say a bit, I mean like 10-15 lbs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Pretty sure it's called carbs and being worthless.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
Pregnant has turned into an excuse to eat like  an elephant for a lot of women. My wife I hates when she hears the "I'm eating for two" BS. She gain a bit after kids, but not a ton. When I say a bit, I mean like 10-15 lbs.
View Quote

During pregnancy, a woman's ovaries and placenta release a hormone called relaxin that loosens muscles and ligaments and prepares the body for childbirth. So, those hips don't sit at the same place they were prior to pregnancy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

Yikes.

None of the Amish women with a litter are skinny in my valley.

I live amongst them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZW17:

They push out 7lbs of baby, 2 of water and maybe 2 of placenta.  They have a little extra blood for themselves.

Over 20 lbs of weight gain is really just over-eating.  Want proof?  Find me a fat Amish woman.  10+ kids and skinny as a rail.

Yikes.

None of the Amish women with a litter are skinny in my valley.

I live amongst them.

Y
I agree. Come on down to southern Kentucky and I can fill a 53 footer with fat Amish women. You better make it a tri axle heavy haul truck though they some big girls.

I think someone doesn't really know the Amish.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
There is truth in there.  

It's also age.
View Quote
Having multiple children will do it too.

People change as they grow older.  It's just a part of life.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:07:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cspackler33:
Married 14 years ago at 190/130, today at 48/43 yo we're 200/140.....so I guess were just happy enough yet still fit.  I really should lose 10-20 lb though.
View Quote
From personal experience I can tell you it doesn't really hit until you're in your 50s.  Then the weight starts to pile on, regardless of what you do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
From personal experience I can tell you it doesn't really hit until you're in your 50s.  Then the weight starts to pile on, regardless of what you do.
View All Quotes
Married 14 years ago at 190/130, today at 48/43 yo we're 200/140.....so I guess were just happy enough yet still fit.  I really should lose 10-20 lb though.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. I didn't start to lose any significant weight until my 50's. Over 60 lbs mainly through self control and eating much healthier food - same exercise routine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:37:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GDaawg] [#19]
If you marry a woman that is already into health and fitness (and not just for attraction purposes) there shouldn't ever be an issue.  That means you need to be into health and fitness as well to feed off each other and keep the motivation high.

If someone is depressed for some reason though the overeating, laziness, and weight gain can definitely creep in.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#20]

the bulk of our society is turning into land whales  and amorphous asexual blobs
View Quote

Excuses. Be accountable. Marry someone accountable. Communicate with your spouse.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

You obviously don’t eat a lot. Gaining weight isn’t rocket science. But it can be hard if you’re not used to eating in excess.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

It’s magic!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
They aren't supposed to gain much anyway. Only an additional 300 calories a day are recommended. Obviously there will be individual variance, but "eating for two" is a myth.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Originally Posted By Redman556:
Women that get pregnant can lose the weight most of the time. It takes a couple of months after a baby. Anything else is laziness.

They aren't supposed to gain much anyway. Only an additional 300 calories a day are recommended. Obviously there will be individual variance, but "eating for two" is a myth.
There's exceptions of course but I gained 50# with my first pregnancy. It was very stressful and I ate a lot. But seriously I don't know how anyone can keep on weight with a toddler in the house. I have my 11 month old granddaughter over and she just started walking I can't sit still for more than a few minutes.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:20:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By -Abyss-:
In general, it seems to me that men put on weight when they're content, and women put on weight when they're miserable.
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By HighPlains1911:
Letting yourself get fat because you don’t care about looking good for your spouse is a shitty thing.

I understand that metabolisms slow down, but becoming a whale because your spouse is locked in sounds so bad.
View Quote

"Just remember Wifey, if you get fat I'll leave you. Vows be damned..."
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Duke117:
So if I understand this correcty, as long as I am an asshole my wife will stay skinny?
Done..
View Quote

Sending her the link to that article is probably a good first step.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By ATLDiver:
Let’s play a game….

State your waist size at 21 and what it is now.

21 me: 31
Current me 33
View Quote

Me at 21: 32
Me at 32: 30
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Let’s play a game….

Current me 33
View Quote

21: 32
40: 34

I've ranged 190-210lbs give or take since high school. This morning I was 198lbs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#29]
No, it's the Patriarchy!
..or racism, or misogyny or something other that her fault.

Funny thing is a woman worked with had a kid and within a few months was skinny again, one of the other woman semi jokingly called her a skinny bitch.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#30]
That's a good reason not to put the wife on a pedestal and stay in good shape yourself.

If she's comfortable getting fat and unhealthy. It means she doesn't envision a situation where you could leave her for someone better.

It sounds bad to say but the dread that comes with the idea that your partner can do better if you let yourself go.  Is powerful motivation to put in the effort.

It's also why many of the wives who get fat also stop having sex with their husbands. You aren't going anywhere so she doesn't have to give you a reason to stay.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Let’s play a game….

Current me 33
View Quote

Me at 21 : 34 waist 185lbs
Me at 49 : 30 waist 163lbs

We both try to eat right and exercise, takes discipline and commitment. Age makes everything a bit harder as it creeps up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Hmmm, if I were King, I think I'd make a law that before a divorce will be awarded both parties will have to get within 5-10% of their marriage bodyweight (or within 5% of bodyfat level) and then live together another month after that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
The craziest thing about wives getting chubby is child birth. My wife had 3 natural births and got back down to her pre pregnancy weight of 105# within 6 months.

Other women never lose the baby weight.
View Quote

My wife is the same, she got right back down.

It's an excuse, and nothing more.  I get it, dieting can suck.  I let myself go a bit to size 34 before I got disgusted with myself... now back to 32" or even lower.

2 inches doesn't sound like much, but all around your midsection, it's a lot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IH1026:
Nothing to do with having children?

Oh man, they have some plump ones in northern Indiana.

My wife is barely 5 pounds heavier than when she was 21. Probably 110 or so now. She’s also had 8 children since then. Breastfeeding for a year or so really takes off the weight. Genetics are a thing too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top