Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 113
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Evidently RB had their engines turned down for practice.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:53:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#2]
Ferrari are losing way too much in Q1..
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#3]
High odds somebody bins it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
that hurts
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:18 AM EDT
[#5]
how the fuck does Ferrari lose .3 in Q1 for fuck sake....
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess Max decided he wanted to end this so he can get over to his Main Job this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
Quali is going to be fun to watch. Anyone think VER pulls one out of his ass and goes P1 at the end?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Max pushed like crazy from his radio
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang Oscar. Too bad he's probably going to lose 3.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By poison123:
I guess Max decided he wanted to end this so he can get over to his Main Job this weekend.
View Quote

more like they fixed they understeer issues they had in FPs.  

they are really good at fiding solutions.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Dang Oscar. Too bad he's probably going to lose 3.
View Quote

yep. dont see how he doesnt get impeding
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Max talking about last minutes changes to the car...  here you go.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Normal order restored.  Max P1.  Ferrari fizzled out in the end.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#14]
RBR have a history of going over their data overnight and finding lap time. Nevertheless, stunning job from Verstappen.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:09:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#15]
apparently Verstappen had a tow from Hulk on the whole straight in his last lap....

Lambiase put him once again in the best track position

it costed the MClaren the pole
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
the fact that piastri investigation still not is over when the case is so clear is crazy
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:12:12 AM EDT
[#17]
I know better than to make predictions, lol. Never bet against Max.

Those last laps by both Ferrari's were underwhelming to say the least.
Oscar less than a hundredth of a second to Max. Damn that's close.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:14:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#18]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I know better than to make predictions, lol. Never bet against Max.

Those last laps by both Ferrari's were underwhelming to say the least.
Oscar less than a hundredth of a second to Max. Damn that's close.
View Quote

they lost it all in sector 1.. I think they still have trouble getting tires in the right window immediately.

Same has happened in Fp and also in Q1....   their first sector in the first lap always sucked.

max owes the pole to the tow and Lambiase. without it, the mclaren would have prolly gotten it today.

well played from them
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#19]
another data. track temps went from 43C to 38C from Q1 to Q3...
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Shung:

they lost it all in sector 1.. I think they still have trouble getting tires in the right window immediately.

Same has happened in Fp and also in Q1....   their first sector in the first lap always sucked.

max owes the pole to the tow and Lambiase. without it, the mclaren would have prolly gotten it today.

well played from them
View Quote

Yep, it's definitely not skill or strategy. All luck and happenstance. /Nod.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#21]
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:

Yep, it's definitely not skill or strategy. All luck and happenstance. /Nod.
View Quote

what dont you understand in "WELL PLAYED from them" ? it is refering to Max and Lambiase.

retarded comment....
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#22]
here is the telemetry that shows how max speed/tow created a gap from the get go, that both Mclarens and Leclerc carried around the rest of the lap, gaining and losing for the rest of the lap, pretty much on equal ground, and how Max screwed up his last corner with understeer.

crazy how slow the ferrari was in S1... prolly not able to get proper traction on fresh tires.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Any news on piastri investigation ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#24]
Saying the quiet part out loud.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Piastri summoned to stewards. 3 place penalty coming up?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#26]
Originally Posted By DEF:
Piastri summoned to stewards. 3 place penalty coming up?
View Quote

given how they penalized other drivers (especially sainz and Leclerc in the past for such things), I dont see how it doesnt happen

https://www.skysports.com/f1/video/36399/13138710/skypad-did-oscar-piastri-impede-kevin-magnussen
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:08:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#27]
there a beginning of shitshow, because apparently Hulk purposely gave a tow to max, because max gave one to hulk in Q1 or Q2....  

this has been confirmed by Horner in Interview....

(EDIT. i changed the comparion from Charles to Lando because it makes more sense)

in the previous Q3 lap, Max top speed was 335kmh vs 333kmh compared to Lando, bringing a 0.49 gap at the end of the first sector..
in the tow lap, the top speed was now 339kmh (vs 333 for lando second lap) resulting in a gap of 0.181 at first sector..

very probable that this tow allowed Max to beat both the Mclaren. otherwise we would be talking about a McLaren 1-2 . which is quite impressive.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:17:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#28]
there a beginning of shitshow, because apparently Hulk purposely gave a tow to max, because max gave one to hulk in Q1 or Q2....  

this has been confirmed by Horner in Interview....

in the previous Q3 lap, Max top speed was 335kmh vs 332kmh compared to Charles, bringing a 0.81 gap at the end of the first sector..
in the tow lap, the top speed was now 339kmh (vs 329 for charles second lap) resulting in a gap of 0.259

very probable that this tow allowed Max to beat both the Mclaren. otherwise we would be talking about a McLaren 1-2 . which is quite impressive.

View Quote

They are either all really good in the moment actors combined with a level of coordination and precision never seen before

or

They are joking
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone have an idea why Danny Ricciardo came out so late in Q3?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#30]
Originally Posted By fike:

They are either all really good in the moment actors combined with a level of coordination and precision never seen before

or

They are joking
View Quote

this was confirmed by Christian Horner in Interview. and he wasnt joking

I dont think its luck. its skills from lambiase to launch Max at the exact right moment, and max to time it right. but when you know that the other guy is going to collaborate, it helps.

the difference max made from his first lap (without tow) and the second lap (with tow) was .142

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:24:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#31]
Piastri to Start 5th after being a 3grid pos penatly for impeding:

https://x.com/autosport/status/1791881969468420574?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

hopefully that will give Lando some 'ideas' at the start
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#32]
another comment from sainz. Apparently the SF-24 has sufferred the wind in the back in Sector 1 today. Yesterday  the wind was 180° opposite and it helped them with stability in the fast corners
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By fike:

or

They are joking
View Quote

I'm going with the 2nd. LOL I think Max had it in the bag before the 2nd run anyway.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#34]

I'm going with the 2nd. LOL I think Max had it in the bag before the 2nd run anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

telemetry and times tell another story.

hell even Max tells another story:

Max on giving tow to Nico Hülkenberg and get tow from him in return

"We were tow buddies out there."

"In Q2 I gave him a tow to Turn 17. Then he gave me a tow to Turn 2. I think I did arrive a bit too quick for my liking because I did miss Turn 2 a little bit.

Overall, I think it did help me a little bit. But when you are struggling the whole weekend and then finally it's coming around, you have to look for these little advantages to try and stay ahead and it worked out beautifully."

https://x.com/redbulletin/status/1791890456911200616?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:06:23 PM EDT
[#35]
For some reason I am reminded of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like the forecast of rain is going to hold off until Sunday night into Monday.

Dry race gentlemen.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Looks like the forecast of rain is going to hold off until Sunday night into Monday.

Dry race gentlemen.
View Quote

Yep. No big surprise to come
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Igloo87:
Does anyone have an idea why Danny Ricciardo came out so late in Q3?
View Quote

Probably wanted to save a new set of softs for the race so he only did one Q3 run, it's a pretty common practice when a mid-field team gets into Q3.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#39]
What happens to SAR getting a DNF?  No start?

My gawd fire him already.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Max is going stay up all night iRacing WEC cars and come in 4th.
View Quote

At first I thought you were joking but now I see he’s doing the iRacing Nürburgring 24hr.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Elmer_Fudd_Gantry:

At first I thought you were joking but now I see he’s doing the iRacing Nürburgring 24hr.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Max is going stay up all night iRacing WEC cars and come in 4th.

He's the modern day Jim Clark
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

He's the modern day Jim Clark
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weirding_Module] [#43]
In this thread we learn that getting or setting up a tow is a new thing and RB really suxors because that's the only way they can compete. /Nod
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Dude races all the time on iRacing. Even races on a controller and laptop.

I raced the ring for about an hour tonight on ACC. Tons of fun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Weirding_Module] [#45]

retarded comment....
View Quote

Oh, there are definitely some retarded comments in the thread. That's one of the few things you're nailing!  :)
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:47:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:19:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#47]
Originally Posted By Weirding_Module:
In this thread we learn that getting or setting up a tow is a new thing and RB really suxors because that's the only way they can compete. /Nod
View Quote

The only way they can compete ? After 7 previous poles ? Wtf are you even talking about ?

Setting up a tow with another team (not even a sister team), in which the other driver openly admits to it after the fact, is indeed a new thing…. Hulk had no reason to keep his foot down along the straight after finishing his lap. all drivers would normally slow down and give way.   The driver who made the 7 previous poles of the year, doesn’t need these kind of help. I’m sure you’ll admit to that

especially when one checks the telemetry and sees that the tow prolly took away the pole from 2 mclaren.

At first it was thought that it was Lambiase that did a great thing putting max on track exactly at the right moment, and it was their skills (max and lambiase) that allowed them to get a short tow while hulk was finishing his lap. At this point I wrote that it was “well played from them”..  because it would have been.

now that we know that hulk did it on purpose and kept on the throttle to give the tow all along the straight, it certainly tastes different..

When that other team is haas, and uses a Ferrari Pu and this happens in imola, it’s indeed remarkable.. this was akin to Tsunoda giving a tow to leclerc for the pole.. in Austria…

I guess you are new to these kind of things/ Nod
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:43:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#48]
The cool thing is that we know that without this tow, we would have had 4 cars within 0.1 in qual, with a Red Bull that was certainly not sandbagging, and this is great news for the rest of te races this year.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#49]
It looks like we have a great race on our hands. Which has been a rare thing to say for a long time at the start of the race.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:29:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#50]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:
It looks like we have a great race on our hands. Which has been a rare thing to say for a long time at the start of the race.
View Quote

Apparently the only downside is that they shortened the DRS zone so it’s going to make overtaking even harder than they already are on this track.

Having lando in p2 is cool though, because it appears that his race pace was superior to max.

We could have a train for a long part of the race. Pit stops are going to be key.

Also the gravel will probably cause multiple safety cars
Page / 113
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top