Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#1]
I dried my Bambu PA6-CF at 70C for 24 hours in a Sunlu S2, then fed it directly out of the dryer into my P1S with hardened .4mm nozzle, and printed this rails down.  I had to add a lot of loops to the support to keep it stuck to the textured PEI plate, and I used more support than I generally would, but my first print failed after about 30 minutes because the supports didn't stay adhered to the bed.  

The frame is the G17 SuperTactical V5 from Cults3D, finished with Aves rails, OEM G17 locking block, Strike Industries LITESLIDE with an OEM Glock slide parts kit and a Combat Armory barrel that I've had laying around for the better part of a decade.  My cheap eBay FCG wouldn't reset in any frame I tried it in, so in went an Arsenal Democracy SWiTCH FCG that I had sitting around.  I had to do some fitting on the top of the frame for the slide to clear everything, but everything is telling me that it should run.  I plan to give it a try tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:17:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbstractIdeas] [#2]
FNG here.

This is how you print a FCG9

Tossed the PLA buffer tube with a metal FCG9 buffer tube adapter and went with a metal magazine catch. Parts bin AR-15 parts with a AUG flash hider. Standard Ender V3 with a .6 hardened nozzle.

Japanese characters mean WASP added in by myself. Emergency tag has a chamber flag when it goes to the range otherwise it lives on the swing swivel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I printed this 26X frame rails up out of the same Bambu PA6-CF that the double thumb rest G17 was printed from and the results are far superior.   I had always seen people recommend rails down, but every time I print rails up I have a much more functional print.  This one took zero fitting.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm getting close to finishing my 3D printed grail gun. I stumbled upon a guy that had some CZ scorpion parts and I bought them for a killer price.  

This gun is what got me to buy a 3D printer. When I saw this I knew 3d printing had come a long way from the liberator days.

Just need the components for my bolt I ordered back in December.

I'm probably going to print a grip and brace next.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Just finished printing these 2
Green one is the Middleton Made Schnitzel and the black one is the Neutron Nick P80 43X
Both are printed on a Creality K1 using Esun PLA+.
Sliced with Orcaslicer and using .01 fuzzy skin

Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:51:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ORjeepguy] [#6]

Attachment Attached File

The green is a bit translucent, but turned out well.

Need to do some smoothing out, or reduce layer height.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I've got to ask; what are you using this in? And for what purpose?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok i get that the bolt locks to the chamber.. and the direct impingement system means hot gas is not hitting hard like a piston.. but once that chamber opens i just dont see that lasting.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:06:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bionicmonkey:
Ok i get that the bolt locks to the chamber.. and the direct impingement system means hot gas is not hitting hard like a piston.. but once that chamber opens i just dont see that lasting.
View Quote

Not my thing, just reposing from those nuts on Reddit to show what's being worked on.

I did not think the BCG would be very successful given the clearances needed for proper function.  The designer was just trying things, he said he was getting more than a few shots.  I would like to see the video from SOTAR reviewing it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Hmm

Ar10 type bolt in a printed carrier to make a printed bolt gun perhaps?

Just thinking out loud
View Quote
Nah, I've followed the guy's posts on Reddit that made it.  He also tried a AR-15 one.  He's on a crusade to try it until it works or blows up in his face, trying to make an ultra light AR with as many printed parts as possible.  He's also using a solid TPU buffer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Hand-cranked gatling gun from Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/1alzjhs/a_mobile_gatling_gun_caw_caw/
View Quote

Now available on the strange ocean from Nopel
https://old.reddit.com/r/fosscad/comments/1ayvbih/m1337_gatling_gun_beta_version_1_files_uploaded/
In the comments the designer says he is working on a 37mm Hotchkiss-esque thing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally finished my CZ Scorpion. I've wanted one ever since I saw it and it's what made me pull the trigger on a 3D printer.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]
That is truly excellent. Good work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#17]
For those of you still worried about printed things that are normally metal, you can make your own flamethrower!  (just build pics, no video)
https://old.reddit.com/r/fosscad/comments/1bencts/berd_ninjetics_flamethrower_update/
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#18]
More teasers from Reddit/fosscad: mortar-style can cannon
https://www.reddit.com/r/fosscad/comments/1cqmvhn/unreleased_mortar_style_can_cannon/
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:27:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#19]
Attachment Attached File

Made this guy a while back but the trigger kept giving me problems.  Finally spent some time and redesigned the trigger to work better and so i thought i should actually test it lol.  Actually shoots surprisingly nice.

Attachment Attached File

modified on left - different ramp and height of the part that holds the striker, as well as a spring element which acts along with the spring element the frame to reduce the overall difficulty of moving the trigger rearward.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#20]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56039/1000003030_jpg-3217751.JPG

Made this guy a while back but the trigger kept giving me problems.  Finally spent some time and redesigned the trigger to work better and so i thought i should actually test it lol.  Actually shoots surprisingly nice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56039/harlot_trigger_png-3217755.JPG

modified on left - different ramp and height of the part that holds the striker, as well as a spring element which acts along with the spring element the frame to reduce the overall difficulty of moving the trigger rearward.
View Quote

I made some of those for a gun "buyback".
Made a 4" barrel one for myself.

Care to share the file for the trigger?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

I made some of those for a gun "buyback".
Made a 4" barrel one for myself.

Care to share the file for the trigger?
View Quote

That's what I was doing also - made a whole batch of them just in case.  3" barrel on that one, and the rest with the stock size to save on materials cost.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:50:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AFCarbon15] [#22]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56039/1000003030_jpg-3217751.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56039/harlot_trigger_png-3217755.JPG

View Quote

Can you share your trigger?   ETA, did you nix the drop safety?

I've had very good luck with them.  But I'll try it out since I actually like shooting them

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top