Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 5:48:33 PM EDT
Friendly reminder none of this is an accident.

The beauty isn't an accident. Your appreciation for it isn't an accident. You wondering who created something this beautiful isn't an accident.

We are not blobs of atoms. We get to take part in something beyond our understanding every day we wake up.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You may be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traderjac:
You may be wrong.
View Quote

The world is full of objective truth if you wish to seek it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Not an accident.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:03:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#5]
Sure there is beauty in creation, He did so that you would have no excuse, but we can't fathom the work he has done since the beginning to set eternity in the hearts of men. Don't fix your eyes on the seen things, but rather the unseen. In Christ you are a new creation that took far longer than one of his work weeks. Behold, the new has come! The old has passed away!

With Love, Jesse
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Isaiah 40:8
"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
Friendly reminder none of this is an accident.

The beauty isn't an accident. Your appreciation for it isn't an accident. You wondering who created something this beautiful isn't an accident.

We are not blobs of atoms. We get to take part in something beyond our understanding every day we wake up.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20240510_174638-3210646.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#9]

It is just and right to praise him.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Amen and amen.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:12:41 AM EDT
[#11]
The odds of this universe existing is one in ten to the 200th power.  The Anthropic Principle is the fact the universe is finely tuned for life.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Skunkhunter:
The odds of this universe existing is one in ten to the 200th power.  The Anthropic Principle is the fact the universe is finely tuned for life.
View Quote

This is the first I have heard of that. Looked it up on wiki: mind blown. Then there are the in article links to dive into.

This quote from the main article raises a question some might find worth pondering:

"...Postulating a multiverse is certainly a radical step, but taking it could provide at least a partial answer to a question seemingly out of the reach of normal science: "Why do the fundamental laws of physics take the particular form we observe and not another?"

Today's scripture

Matthew 28:16-20

16Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them.

17When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some doubted.

18And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

19Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

20teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.

Acts 5:12-20

12And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon's Porch.

13Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly.

14And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, 15so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them.

16Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

17Then the high priest rose up, and all those who were with him (which is the sect of the Sadducees), and they were filled with indignation, 18and laid their hands on the apostles and put them in the common prison.

19But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, 20Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.

John 20:19-31

19Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, "Peace be with you."

20When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord.

21So Jesus said to them again, "Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you."

22And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.

23If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

24Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.

25The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

26And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!"

27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

28And Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

29Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

30And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Skunkhunter:
View Quote

The pale blue dot is a wonderful example of this.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top