Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 9:40:27 PM EDT
I was lucky enough to come across this 1975 Strat. All original and in great shape. It has the original case, strap, instruction manual, inspection tag, whammy bar, ash tray, extra trem springs, and original bill of sale. All in immaculate condition.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That is nice!  
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
That is nice!  
View Quote

Thanks. It sounds pretty good too. It even has the original 3 way switch and everything.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet looking guitar!

As for the "last time" thing....yeah, that doesn't work. I told myself that when I bought my Robert Cray Strat. Then I built myself a Barncaster. Then I bought my Player Plus Strat. Then I bought my Epiphone Moderne.

Right now I'm waiting on my Chibson Les Paul to be delivered.

And that was just in about the last year or so....

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:02:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#4]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Sweet looking guitar!

As for the "last time" thing....yeah, that doesn't work. I told myself that when I bought my Robert Cray Strat. Then I built myself a Barncaster. Then I bought my Player Plus Strat. Then I bought my Epiphone Moderne.

View Quote

Yeah I got quite a few guitars. If you look I’ve done like 5 or 6 NGD posts just this year so hence the “last time for a while” thing. No Chibsons though. No way I’ll pay the Chinese to counterfeit an American guitar.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DM1975:

Yeah I got quite a few guitars. If you look I’ve done like 5 or 6 NGD posts just this year so hence the “last time for a while” thing. No Chibsons though. No way I’ll pay the Chinese to counterfeit an American guitar.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sweet looking guitar!

I used to feel that way too. Not sure why I changed. Probably goes back to when I bought my Chinese Eastman archtop. Then I bought the Chinese Epiphone. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos I finally took the plunge. We'll see how I feel about it when it gets here.

I'm mainly buying it to play around with. I found I enjoy that after building my Barncaster. I plan on replacing the pickups with either Seth Lovers or Antiquities and replacing the bridge, tailpiece and tuners with real Gibson parts. May upgrade the pots, caps and switch too. Haven't decided. Would never mess around that much with a real Gibson.

I have plenty of real Gibsons already, although I usually gravitated to Les Paul Juniors. Not really a Standard sort of guy (love those dogear P-90s), and sold off one of the two I've owned. Mainly a Strat guy really. I would never have bought another Gibson Standard, so it was a Chibson or nothing situation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:03:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#6]

I used to feel that way too. Not sure why I changed. Probably goes back to when I bought my Chinese Eastman archtop. Then I bought the Chinese Epiphone. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos I finally took the plunge. We'll see how I feel about it when it gets here.

I'm mainly buying it to play around with. I found I enjoy that after building my Barncaster. I plan on replacing the pickups with either Seth Lovers or Antiquities and replacing the bridge, tailpiece and tuners with real Gibson parts. May upgrade the pots, caps and switch too. Haven't decided. Would never mess around that much with a real Gibson.

I have plenty of real Gibsons already, although I usually gravitated to Les Paul Juniors. Not really a Standard sort of guy (love those dogear P-90s), and sold off one of the two I've owned. Mainly a Strat guy really. I would never have bought another Gibson Standard, so it was a Chibson or nothing situation.
View All Quotes
Sweet looking guitar!

I love my Gibsons. On the Chibson thing it is isn't the fact it’s made in China but the fact that it’s a blatant outright counterfeit. In a world of great cheaper guitars, if you’re buying a Chibson then you’re doing it solely for the look of having a Gibson. Just a blatant lie in my opinion. But that’s just me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome!
Is '75 your birth year?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By splitbolt:
Awesome!
Is '75 your birth year?
View Quote

It is yes
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#9]

It is yes
View Quote

Mine too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Mine too.
View All Quotes

It is yes

Mine too.

Nice! Here’s my 75 Tele too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53155/IMG_2213_jpeg-3166913.JPG
View Quote

Where's the '75 Les Paul clownburst?

Seriously though...that's cool. Did you find your '75 Strat online, or...?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53155/IMG_2213_jpeg-3166913.JPG

I want a 75 Les Paul too, but not a clown burst lol. I want an Alpine White Custom. I do want a cherry burst Les Paul someday but it won’t be a clown burst.

Both the Strat and Tele are Reverb finds. The Tele is all original except for the tuners.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:16:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mech2007] [#13]

I love my Gibsons. On the Chibson thing it is isn't the fact it’s made in China but the fact that it’s a blatant outright counterfeit. In a world of great cheaper guitars, if you’re buying a Chibson then you’re doing it solely for the look of having a Gibson. Just a blatant lie in my opinion. But that’s just me.
View Quote

Oh, I agree completely,  but in reality there are tons of "LP style" or "ST style" or "TL style" guitars out there with a minor tweak to the headstock to get past the lawyers. Now, once you get into copying the name branding that's put on it, it's a whole other subject and getting into counterfeiting and trademark infringement.

But as for the form and function, well... a Harley Benton is pretty much indistinguishable in design from a Strat and a Tokai is pretty much indistinguishable in design from a Les Paul.

But,enough of that. I don't want to derail this thread from that beautiful guitar.

Link Posted: 3/23/2024 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Oh, I agree completely,  but in reality there are tons of "LP style" or "ST style" or "TL style" guitars out there with a minor tweak to the headstock to get past the lawyers. Now, once you get into copying the name branding that's put on it, it's a whole other subject and getting into counterfeiting and trademark infringement.

But as for the form and function, well... a Harley Benton is pretty much indistinguishable in design from a Strat and a Tokai is pretty much indistinguishable in design from a Les Paul.

But,enough of that. I don't want to derail this thread from that beautiful guitar.

View All Quotes

Oh yeah I got no problem with that kinda thing, just the outright counterfeits is what I have a problem with. That’s usually what people refer to as a Chibson though is the counterfeits.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I seem to have a problem as well. Just picked up a 2000 Strat Deluxe in teal. It's like brand new and was about $800.  I need to quit before I need a divorce lawyer.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
I seem to have a problem as well. Just picked up a 2000 Strat Deluxe in teal. It's like brand new and was about $800.  I need to quit before I need a divorce lawyer.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117002/2000_Fender_jpg-3167664.JPG
View Quote

Nice! Personally my guitar collection has grown exponentially since my divorce but it’s surely not a reason for divorce lol.

Here are my other two Strats. One is an American Special and the other is an American Professional FSR.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice guitars. I think I have: SAS = Strat Acquisition Syndrome.  This one is my 4th and I have 2 more inbound. I can quit at any time. Really. I don't have a problem.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice guitars. I think I have: SAS = Strat Acquisition Syndrome.  This one is my 4th and I have 2 more inbound. I can quit at any time. Really. I don't have a problem.
View Quote

I have that problem with Les Paul’s lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I see that guitar was sold out of Valley Music..
I knew some of them.. Cactus Jim Soldi, son of founder..
  That store is gone..
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:35:50 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Heck, don't feel bad. I have 5 Eric Johnson signature Strats alone.

We won't discuss the rest.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

At first glance I thought this was an EJ Virgina thread with that blonde board.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I currently only have 3 of those.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Looks like we are completely opposite one another. I have 6 Les Paul’s and 3 Strats lol.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Looks like we are completely opposite one another. I have 6 Les Paul’s and 3 Strats lol.
View All Quotes

Aesthetically, I prefer a LP. For me, the Strats fit me better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yeah I have huge hands and fingers and it’s hard for me to go up the neck on a Les Paul but I manage.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:26:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Czechers:

View All Quotes

I have one of those. I primarily got it because my wife said she didn't think I would spend that kind of money on another EJ.

So, in a sense she dared me and it's her fault.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#28]

I have one of those. I primarily got it because my wife said she didn't think I would spend that kind of money on another EJ.

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 6:27:21 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Sounds like an affirmative defense to prosecution to me
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Man that is a cool looking 3 color burst, that red really pops
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#32]
Ash tray?
Pics please.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Bridge cover. It’s commonly referred to as an “ash tray”. You can see it on in the pic of the guitar in the case.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Thats basically how I ended up with my American Pro II Tele. LOL Guess she wont make that mistake again
Top Top