Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked Flying Books (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm cleaning out my closet and came across a bunch of old books. If anyone wants them PM me and pay the shipping you can have them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 8:30:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The Electra Story by Robert Serling (Rod Serling of The Twilight Zone's brother), and in the fiction category, Airframe by Michael Crichton.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
North Star Over My Shoulder by Bob Buck

Follows the author's career from Beech 18s up to flying 747s for TWA I think. Fantastic book about the birth of commercial aviation all the way to the jet age.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Moondog’s Academy of the Air and Other Disasters by Peter Fusco. .  It was like reading my own journey through aviation.  Maybe some day I’ll make it.

Amazon linky
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Second on Skunk Works by Ben Rich. Absolutely a great read and lets you in on some things I've never heard before that went on during the cold war.

Also Baa Baa Black Sheep by Pappy Boyington. I actually have an autographed copy. Great book, a cool look into the Flying Tigers as well as the black sheep, and his life. They just don't make guys like that anymore, and that's a damn shame!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pickle:
Moondog’s Academy of the Air and Other Disasters by Peter Fusco. .  It was like reading my own journey through aviation.  Maybe some day I’ll make it.

Amazon linky
View Quote
I've had a copy of that around for a long time, it's a great book.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Flying the Line Volumes 1 & 2

Necessary reading for any aspiring airline pilot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
10,000 Hours Reminiscences of a Helicopter Pilot is one of my favorites if you can still get it.

A Gift Of Wings is a great story of a time when you could still barnstorm across the country giving rides to pay for gas!
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The Killing Zone - How and Why Pilots Die - Paul A. Craig

Dark Eagles - A History of Top-Secret US Aircraft - Curtis Peebles

The Dream Machine: The untold History of the Notorious V-22 Osprey - Richard Whittle

The Next Hour - The Most Important Hour In Your Logbook - Richard Collins

Currently reading:

Masters Of The Air: America's Bomber Boys Who Fought The Air War Against Nazi Germany - Donald L. Miller
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:37:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By madwis15:
Ragwings and Heavy Iron - Martin Caidin
View Quote
Yeah, you beat me. Great book!
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 2:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NasalRadiator] [#11]
I think I’ve read most of the good aviation books out there, and these two are prolly my favorite: “My Secret War” by Richard Dury and “My Logbook” by Gunther Rall. Both out of print, but could be found used on Amazon last I checked. Sadly Gunther’s book was insane money last I heard. I got a used copy about 10 years ago for maybe $30, and upon recommending it to a friend during Covid… he told me “WTF it’s $500”. I honestly think both are up there with “Fate is the Hunter”
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I read this book recently. It’s great. My dad thought highly of it as well.

Jorgy: the life of Native Alaskan bush pilot and airline captain Holger "Jorgy" Jorgensen

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked Flying Books (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top