Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/13/2018 3:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdude01]
I own a D-technik vz58 in 7.62mm. I have been struggling to properly co-witness. The upper rail is Bonesteel arms. First, I owned an Aimpoint Mirco H-1 but ended up selling it because I wanted something lighter and with a smaller footprint. Now I own a Leica Tempus red dot (2.0 MOA) and my rear sight is a Magwedge peep sight. If I mount the Leica on the upper rail, it blocks the rear sight view. In my attempt to lower the red dot, I am considering having a gunsmith mill the upper rail and mount the red dot directly to the rail. Anyone else have any suggestions? I will not use an angled mount, side mount or dust cover mount as I don't like the like look of those nor want the added weight.

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
do what you want is my only advice, i hate red dots myself, my eyes are defective so for me they suck.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:49:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadDogDan] [#2]
First of all these are “NOT” AR’s so forget that whole co-witness thing. I am running an aluminum hand guard with integral top rail but there isn’t ANY red dot sights that will co-witness, so I am running an Aimpoint ML3 in a LaRue QR mount.  If the Aimpoint goes belly up, I can just quickly remove it and use the irons.

JMHO 😄
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Co-witnessing a VZ-58 is pretty straight forward with a Bonesteel Arms upper rail. My is absolute co-witnessed with a Leica Red Dot 2 MOA.

Link Posted: 7/29/2021 2:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigdude01:
Co-witnessing a VZ-58 is pretty straight forward with a Bonesteel Arms upper rail. My is absolute co-witnessed with a Leica Red Dot 2 MOA.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46980133235_4d617c167f_z.jpg
View Quote

You realize you're responding to your own thread from years ago, right?

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdude01] [#5]
I am responding to Maddogdan's post that he is not able to co-witness his rifle and these are not ARs so forget the whole co-witnessing thing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I just got a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 with a Bonesteel upper handguard rail and it co-witnesses just fine with the low mount it came with.
Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top